Windows live messenger and EAV 3 a small problem need of help

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by actarus9999, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. actarus9999

actarus9999 Registered Member

Hello,

I have a small problem with the last part of the tutoria EAV 3.0l of Blackspear. When I configure as it is marked for Windows Live Messenger that opens me a window back but the analysis this fact on all my computer. Now I would like that just the files which we send me by MSN is scanned. How have to I proceed?

"C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe" /adv-heur /adware /arch /auto /boots /files /mail /no-log-all /pattern /quarantine /rtp /sfx /subdir /unsafe /unwanted

I am on Vista x64.

Thank you for advance.

2. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Unless i'm wrong the /auto parameter tell nod32 to scan all harddisks on your computer and i believe this should be removed. Also if the purpose is to scan the file transferred only i would recommond removing /boots as well since i don't see the point scanning the boot sector each time a file is transferred. I cannot see why /subdir is needed either. I think including the /action parameter could be a good idea as well to automatically clean infected files or prompt what to do. If you want to see the result of a scan you could create a batchfile with a pause at the end so the window does not close automatically after the scan.

It could be a good idea to check out the command line parameter using the help included with nod32 to see what they do and which one you want to include.

Gan

3. actarus9999

I thank you but how for creating a batchfile which pause so that the window I have the time to see it?

4. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Just one more thing i forgot to mention. You should also include the /base-dir parameter or you might see the error Scanner initialization failed.

Using notepad or another text editor you can create a batchfile that should have the extension ".bat" or ".cmd". For example the full filename could be scanfile.cmd or scanfile.bat or whatever you prefer. You can save that file anywhere on your harddisk (the nod32 directory or anywhere else you like).

The contents of the batchfile could be something like this (the second line is pretty long so you have to scroll to see the whole line):

Code:
    @echo off
    "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe" %1 /base-dir="C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus" /aind /files /no-boots /arch /mail /sfx /rtp /no-subdir /adware /unsafe /unwanted /pattern /heur /adv-heur /action=clean /quarantine /no-log-all
    pause
    exit
    The first line is only cosmetic and not really required. The seconds line scan the file and you can take a look at the parameters used in this example and remove/add those you want/not want to make it the way you want it, but some might be required for this to work. More info about the command line parameters can be found using nod32 help and search for command line. When you specify parameter you can use either "/" or "--" in front of the parameter like /no-boots or --no-boots which will both work. The third line will show the message Press any key to continue... and wait for you to press a key before the fourth line is executed which will close the window.
    The parameter %1 is not a nod32 parameter, but a batchfile function/variable and when the "scanfile.cmd" is executed from windows live messenger that will be the filename of the transferred file. So if you run this batchfile manually from dos like this "scanfile.cmd testfile.exe" then the file testfile.exe will be scanned. "%1" is just a the first parameter specified when running "scanfile.cmd". The %1 is needed for this to work.

Then you have to specify the scanfile.cmd (without any parameters) instead of ecls.exe as the antivirus to use in Windows live messenger.

Gan

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  5. actarus9999

Thank you infinitely that works:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.