Windows Keeps Crashing after Installation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by oracio, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oracio

oracio Registered Member

Hello,

I bought today Asronis True Image 11 (download version).

I installed it on my conputer - Windows XP 32bit.
    The installation went fine, I created a Safe Zone on my HD, created a 1to1 image and everything seemed to be great.

Suddenly my computer started to restart itself, it happens even when it idles, It happend 3 times and 1 time I got the evil blue screen...

My computer worked like a charm before I installed TI, and I want it back as it was!

Please help me out, does anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Make the bootable True Image Rescue cd and do all your TI proceedures from what's on the cd. Uninstall True Image via the Control Panel, then do a restore of your system to a date before you installed TI, using Widows Restore. This will remove the installed True Image software cleanly. Unless you want to do automatic backups, you do not have to have the software installed.

3. oracio

oracio Registered Member

Should'nt I have Widows Restore Point set to restore my system to previous time? because I didnt set one in the past...

4. DwnNdrty

Unless you disabled Windows Restore, it automatically sets Restore points. If you're lucky, there may have been one set not too long before you installed True Image. I don't know what determines when one is set, though.

Of course any other software you installed after a restore point will have to be reinstalled.

5. oracio

oracio Registered Member

Thanks a lot DwnNdrty!

I did exactly what you have told, and I left the computer on all night long and it didnt crash...

I'm so glad that it worked, thanks again!

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

7. DwnNdrty

Happy to hear it worked for you.
    Remember now, if you installed any software after the date of the Restore point you used, you will have to re-install that software.

8. oracio

oracio Registered Member

Yeah I understood, luckily I had a one day old restore point so nothing lost..
    thanks Xpilot for the link.

I created a new backup fron the rescue disk, at first i tried to backup into a external HD (USB2) and it was very slow (it wrote that it will take 5 hours), something that was extermely fast when I backedup from the desktop (when it was installed on my computer)...any idea why?

in the end I simply made a full backup to local HD (again, using only the rescue disk) and later I copied it to the external HD

9. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Oracio,
    The restarts may not be an Acronis problem. I suggest an antivirus update followed by a full scan in safe mode. A clean result would at least eliminate a virus as the problem.

The slowness is lack of suitable drivers on the recovery CD for USB support. There are Bart PE and vista PE CDs that you can build to speed things up but you really should, if you have the time, raise a support ticket with Acronis to get TI working properly for you.

Xpilot

10. oracio

oracio Registered Member

Hi Xpilot,

I have NOD32 antivirus which is up-to-date and is being monitoring my computer all the time...

the problem - windows crashing - appeared only after the installation of Acronis (4 times in about 10 hours) - and disappeared only after a system restore (its been 24 hours without a restart...touch wood :ouch: )
    So I doubt that it is a virus eventhough that a complete scan is always a good thing and I'll give it a try from safe mode.

Can I run Bart PE boot and also the TI rescue disk boot?

Yesterday, as soon as the problem appeared, I opened a ticket and no answer yet...

11. oracio

oracio Registered Member

I ran a full system scan for viruses from safe mode and the computer is virus free...

12. shieber

shieber Registered Member

BartPE and VistaPE are alternatives to the ATI Boot Disk.

ATI Boot Disk -- uses linux for full mode and dos for safe mode
    BartPE uses a stripped down XP
    VistaPE uses a stripped down Vista.

Of the three, the ATI disk is the easiest to make, then VistaPE, then Bart.
    VistaPE runs on the most machines, then Bart, then ATI.

You can use the VistaPe to backup and restore xp hdisks and you don't have to own Vista to make a VistaPE disk nor muck about finding driver files and copying them to special directories to build the VistaPE disk--the Vista drivers work fine. The parts of Vista that you need are available from MS for free - jsut follow Mustang's free guide for building a VistaPE disk.

The VistaPE disk will work as fast or faster than doing a backup from within a full XP or Vista system installed on a Harddisk.

13. oracio

oracio Registered Member

I see..

But if I don't have TI installed this solution won't work for me right?

Because in the TI rescue disk It runs the backup program aswell...

14. shieber

shieber Registered Member

yes, as i understand it. but you could build the VistaPE disk on any machine that you have access to, assuming you have access to one you could put ATI on.

15. appster

appster Registered Member

VistaPE may run ATI as fast as it runs in Windows, but when I tried using VistaPE it didin't see the HDDs on my Promise SATA controller! Would you know how to go about putting the Promise drivers onto VistaPE? :gack:

16. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello oracio,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

17. scottpa

scottpa Registered Member

I too have this issue. I downloaded the trial version of ATI v11 in the past week as I bought a bigger hard drive and wanted to clone my system disk to a new bigger system disk. All this went well my new disk boots fine with all of my data, but now I get random reboots, several a day. I can be browsing on my computer and then, bam, a reboot. Sometimes after the computer boots again, I get a Windows message stating that it detected serious problem that my have caused a crash (do I want to send a report in??). I said yes, then an error message came up stating that the error report was corrupted, that I may have HW or SW problems.....

I know that this is correlated to Acronis TI, as I just performed the same operation on her computer (cloning to a new HD) and the above happened right in front of me.

I have never had random resets on my computer prior to this, the system has been very stable. Thinking that it may have to do with ATI, I ran msconfig and disabled any ATI related statup stuff and rebooted, but is too early to tell if it fixes it. Please help, I like this program and would like to purchase it to do my disk maintenance and backup but I can't deal with these system resets!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.