windows installation wizard - where is it?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by jacquex, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacquex

jacquex Registered Member

The Windows Installation Wizard is mentioned in several places on the Acronis site as a feature of the OS Selector. However, I kind find it. A pointer to it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jacquex,

Thank you for using Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/products/).

We regret to inform you that this feature has been deleted from the current version of Acronis OS Selector. We will correct information on our site.

Thank you.

3. jacquex

jacquex Registered Member

In that case let me rephrase the question. Can Disc Director 9 (build 518 ) assist me in installing Windows 98 on a logical partition? My other primary partitions are in use and the main OS is Win XP.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jacquex,

We recommend you the following to way to install Windows 98.

- Start Acronis OS Selector;
    - Create a primary FAT32 partition for Windows 98 and set it Active with Disk Administrator;
    - Turn off the computer;
    - Boot the computer from Windows 98 installation CD and install Windows 98 on the new partition;
    - After the installation has been completed, reboot the computer and start Acronis OS Selector with Windows 98 being added to the boot menu automatically.

You may need to reactivate Acronis OS Selector using Acronis bootable rescue media after Windows 98 installation is complete.

Thank you.

5. McTavish

McTavish Registered Member

You can’t install Win9x to a logical partition I’m afraid as it’s not possible to get the install to target a logical. What you have to do is install on a primary and then clone it to a logical. In then needs a small tweak to the partition table and possibley a tweak to the PBR to get it to boot from there, or you can use this bootmanager which does the tweaks on the fly for you. www.osloader.com

If you already have a dual or multiboot system and are using the ntloader as your boot manager, then you won’t be able to use another bootmanager for all the OSes unless you disable the ntloader and repair the other OSes that are dependant on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.