windows imaging.

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by The Red Moon, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

hello,
    I have a 420gb external hard drive.Im using windows imaging but is there any way of stopping windows from deleting older images?
    I want to keep as many as i can but windows deletes some of them even though i have loads of space left.
    Any ideas please.
    Thanks.:blink:

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

For reasons I'm not aware of, this is normal behavior. :(

Have you tried just copying/moving the earlier image(s) to new folder locations on the drive. Also, I haven't tried it but is renaming the image folder enough to protect it?

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

The only way you can do this is to rename the image folder after each image is taken. I think it's WindowsImageBackup or something similar, just rename that to something else, and it won't be touched by Win's Imaging. Remember to do it after each image it taken. When you want to restore, rename things again, so that it restores whatever image you want it to from WindowsImageBackup.

4. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Thank you Kerodo and HAN :) I remember Brian K mentioning this about renaming the backup folder to avoid the image deletion. Good trick for those that use it :)

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.