WINDOWS IDS IPS

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Pete48, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete48

Pete48 Registered Member

After installing win Snort, then realizing it doesn’t do inline on windows. And
    Then Searching Google for countless hours, I ran across Tiny Firewall which with the Snort import feature looked and looks just like what I needed/wanted.

CA as most that may have gotten this far realize, doesn’t seem to want to support this product.

My issue with the Tiny Firewall is I can not seem to find “the create a new group” button for the IDS/IPS area.”

I would like a consultant to Either Help with the Tiny Firewall set up or help with
    Choosing a Windows IPS system to go on a Windows RRAS server.

Please reply off list to hostmaster [ at ] offpla.net

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2006
  2. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Maybe you want this for snort inline?

Alphalutra1

3. Pete48

Pete48 Registered Member

Thanks

I have seen that, I far as I can tell that is a unix only solution.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Pete

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Pete48

The search result you got are some what misleading regarding Snort because they must be reffering to the Older Version i.e. Tiny Firewall 6.0.140, Because the Current Build now available for download is Tiny Firewall 6.5.126.

Taken from the Snort Forum Archive.
    Please note that the categories listed below represent an archived version of our forums pages. To view the current version and be able to post and reply to threads, please register and login here to go to the full forums pages.
    This is from Snort Forums Archive, post by CVSCorp:- Tiny Software Firewall and Snort Rules.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.