Windows Home Premium 64 bit Boot Sector

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by squid13, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squid13

squid13 Registered Member

I bought another computer, HP Pavillion d5200t. It has Windows Home Premium 64 bit in it. I went to put in my First Defense-ISR Rescue in it and I got back a -11 code and it would not install. I sent a support ticket off to Horizon Data Systems and they got back with the following response, This means the boot sector is not a standard Windows boot sector. It is been modified by the manufacturer or another applications. We have seen this with HP systems. This protection is so that we do not disturb the users system or make it unbootable. We are very specific on what we install into. I sent a support ticket to HP and all I got back was about how I had restore disks and system restore, an image is alot faster and it puts it right back to where I want it. I got the standard answer out of there book. My question is, has anyone heard of HP using a non standard boot sector and does anyone have a HP with the imaging program in it? Do you think I can get any imaging program to work with this situation? Sorry this is so long.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

A good queston for anyone considering an HP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.