Windows Genuine Advantage suffers worldwide outage

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

2. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i was thinking about finishing my vista install, i still haven't got a FW, then doing some tweaks after looking at some of the links in that tweaks thread, but it looks like this is quite a serious problem. if you install the latest updates then reboot xp and vista MS will think you are using a pirated version :rolleyes: in vista areo gets disabled too :mad:

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

M$ writes brilliant programs, like WGA and WPA. They couldn't buy it, that's why it so bad. :rolleyes:

5. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

6. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

I'm wondering why software already validated once needs to re-validate again?
    Greedy bloodsuckers.

I'm browsing through the articles posted, seems like WGA Notification spyware again. Another brilliant reason why NEVER to buy anything from MS ever ever again.

Mrk

EDIT: I did download and install some updates for XP yesterday. I did it by visiting MS update ... worked fine on 2 machines. I have auto updates set to OFF and no WGA Notification crap installed. So, apparently, machines NOT-infected with WGA spyware can get updates. See if this helps.

7. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

What is quite funny, that Vista without entering serial works normally (with Aero and to able to download WGA update and ect), because WGA validates serials. [​IMG]

EDIT: The problem with WGA has been solved on saturday (link). To reslove the activation issue, please revalidate Windows at http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.