Windows Firewall Settings for Remote Admin from Eset Remote Admin Console

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jonno232, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonno232

jonno232 Registered Member

Hi All,
    What firewall exceptions have to been in place on the client for proper communication with server on Version 4 of Eset AV?

Many thanks in advance

2. DannyT

DannyT ESET Support

jonno232,

For proper communication from Remote Administrator Server & Remote Administrator Console and NOD32 Anti-virus

You will need ports 2221-2224 to be opened. Are you refering to your hardware firewall or Eset Smart Security ?

Cheers!

3. jonno232

Just firewall software installed on client machines.

Thanks very much

4. jonno232

Hi Danny,
    I have tried adding those ports into my Windows Firewall and my vista client is still not able to contact the remote admin console. THe updates work fine though.

Any Ideas?

Many Thanks

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Do you have outbound filtering enabled? (not on by default on Vista). I've not had to do anything other than local file and print sharing in the exceptions of the firewall, controlled via GP from the server.

Are these clients on the same subnet?

6. jonno232

My firewall settings are set to default. very strange! I am not sure what else it could be! it was there before I installed v4 but wasn't reporting the right verison so I removed it waited for it to appear in client listing again.

7. DannyT

DannyT ESET Support

jonno232,

I would first check User Access Control. You may have to disable this one.

Also check the services regarding to see if they are disabled that should be on Manual or running.

If you disable the Vista Firewall . Can you see if you can communicate to server if you have them off.

You can set to see if you can ping and tracert from and to workstation to server.

By default it should communicate without any problems.

Please let us know what your findings are.

Cheers!

8. jonno232

When The firewall is disabled the client machine appears back in the list so I deleted it again re-enable my firewall and the machine doesn't appear back in the list. A Ping and Tracert tests are fine.

Many Thanks for your help!

9. jonno232

I have found the issue and it's to do with secure communication with the server. I assumed that the server was setup to use secure communications but it’s not. Sorry I know what they say about assumption! DOH! :oops:

Thanks for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.