windows firewall +cyberhawk

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by gm69, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gm69

gm69 Registered Member

Would like some opinions.Knowing sp2 firewall is real good for incoming stuff but doing nothing for outgoing i went looking for a program that would take care of the outgoing.I found Cyberhawk and had it tested with AWFT leak tester.I got a perfect score of 10 on 10.I think this could be a pretty good team.All opnions welcome.Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi gm69,
    I have never tried cyberhawk, so I downloaded and installed on my W2K setup,.. but it then attempted to write to unpaged_memory and sent my PC into a hardware (loop) crash. Removing my firewall/AV etc did not help. So,.. I loaded up XP, and this time it did install/run.
    Now I had a look at the custom rules, but setting a rule for IE on internet connection (I removed IE from the process list) had no effect. I then set a rule to block certain .exe files, but again no effect,.. maybe I am missing something?,.. or Cyberhawk just doesn`t like my test rig.

Have you made any custom rules?

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Registered Member

Cyberhawk works fine in VPC and now also on my host system. No problems.

4. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I tried Cyberhawk on my 2k and it would not install since it said IE was out of date. I don't use it and it is whatever came with 2k. Does it rely on IE to install?

I have been trying out Winsonar which I think does similar things and for me fills in the holes left by Kerio and PG.

5. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

It did run on XP, but custom rules did not appear to work,... have you set any custom rules to check?

There`s nothing on the website to indicate the need for IE (System Requirements). On my W2k, version of IE=6.0.2800.1106 (I dont know what version was installed with W2K, as I have never used IE)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.