Windows Firewall and Prevx1

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Delgado, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

I am sick of messing about with firewalls, so I have installed Prevx1.

Do you guys think that with Windows Firewall running and Kaspersky 6 Anti Virus and AVG Anti Spyware and Prevx1, that my system is as secure as if I ran another third party firewall?

Cant be bothered any more with the endless problems with these firewalls, unless it is really necessary.

:D

I forgot to add that Im behind a Router as well.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

it is secure. also, since youre running behind a router you could drop the Windows Firewall.

3. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I'm also behind a Router Firewall and use Prevx1 with Antivir Premium. I love installing and trying out new software, but Prevx1 has stayed on my PC for awhile now. This is because I can't justify using a Third Party Firewall with Prevx1 and a good AV behind a Router FW. I even trusted using AVG AV with Prevx1, but couldn't help to take advantage of the 6 months free trial of Antivir Personal Premium I found here in Wilders. I always have Windows Firewall enabled though since I'm on the wireless end of a network that includes my wife's PC. I have been looking for an excuse to use the latest version of PC Tools Firewall however, so if anyone disagrees here please chime in. LOL.

4. coldplay

coldplay Registered Member

I am running antivir PP+ WF+Prevx1 but I still get some malwares occasionally, i have to use some ondemand anti-malware to remove those

5. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

Thanks guys for your replies. I am running a lot faster now.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.