Windows Firewall Advanced, does it keep a log somewhere?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by allizomeniz, Feb 21, 2015.

1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Hey all. I recently started using Windows Firewall Advanced in Vista and was wondering if there's a way to see how many hits it has for a certain program? I created some new rules and couldn't find any way to see if it's working. I'm sure it is but just wanted to see a log for my own peace of mind. I briefly looked in Event Viewer but don't really know where to look. Didn't see anything for Windows Firewall.

2. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

Try Windows Firewall Control from http:\\binisoft.org\wfc.php. It works with Windows Firewall and it contains a view named Connections Log. It displays exactly what you want. It displays filtered entries from the Security log of the system.

3. allizomeniz

Thanks alexandrud but that program requires .NET Crapwork 4.5. I hate MS for ever coming up with .NET in the first place and I don't support developers who use it. I'm not really looking for a new firewall at this point anyway, I'd just like find out if Windows native firewall creates a log of some sort.

4. allizomeniz

I found out how to enable logging but it's undecipherable. I'm pretty sure it's blocking though. I created a rule to block Firefox, which has to have a connection to work, and it wouldn't connect. Deleted the rule and it worked fine again.

5. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.