Windows Explorer Settings Reset to Default

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Draco Tyr, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draco Tyr

Draco Tyr Registered Member

Whenever using Acronis True Image 8.0 (Build 800), it resets Windows Explorer settings from those I put into place back to the default.

I have done the following:

1) Checked off the box in Tools>Properties>Folder Options>Remember each folder's view settings.

2) Right-click in individual folders, such as the ones in My Pictures, and set the Properties for each [View, Arrange Icons, Properties>Customize], Apply and move on to the next one.

After running ATI 8.0 Disk Clone, all folder settings are back where they were before - default.

Is there something that I am overlooking? Any help is appreciated.

Draco

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Draco Tyr,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Could you please create Acronis Report (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions), send it to support@acronis.com with the description of your problem and the answers to the following questions:
    - What hard drive do you boot your system from?
    - Do you look the folder settings on the cloned hard drive or on the source one?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Draco,

Bit of a long shot but maybe something screwed up the BagsMRU size in the registry. If you're using Windows XP, copy the following text into Notepad and save it as BagMRU.reg with Encoding set to "Unicode". Right click on the saved file and select "Merge".

Regards

4. Draco Tyr

Draco Tyr Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Will try it out later tonight when I get home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.