Windows explorer crashes with ESET Smartsecurity

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by robclarke41, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robclarke41

robclarke41 Registered Member

Hi There,

We are a 50 user based company with all users on Windows XP SP3 & ESET Smartsecurity 4.0.474.0

Throughout the company users are experiencing Windows explorer crashes when doing the following:
    Open Windows explorer (either by pressing Windows key and E or opening My Computer and clicking the 'Folders' button.
    Once here expand one of the network drives and select a folder from the left hand pane.
    Now click 'Edit', and the error seems to happen about 60-70% of the time.

It is the generic 'Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close' error but occurs on all machines. I have tried this on our domain and on standalone machines with no other applications other than ESET installed. As soon as I install smartsecurity the error occurs, when it is taken off the systems are fine. I have tried installing with the default config and our own and get the error on both occasions. This also occurs on ALL versions of ESET smartsecurity from 4.0.437 to 4.0474. Can anyone help here? ESET moderator - this is quite serious if a bug.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, try installing v. 4.2.40 on one of the problematic computers to see if it helps.

Should the problem persist, try the following, one at a time:
    - disable automatic real-time protection startup and restart the computer
    - disable anti-stealth and self-defense and restart the computer

Let us know about your findings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.