Windows dump files

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ellison64, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Ive had some bsods over the last few days on windows 7 64 bit.Id like to view the dump files that windows have created and see what may be conflicting .However to view them i need windbg and for windows 7 64 bit it seems to be a whopping 619 meg.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=36a2630f-5d56-43b5-b996-7633f2ec14ff
    Is there any other viewer i can use to check the dump files that would be considerably smaller??
    tia
    ellison

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

3. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

BlueScreenView.

4. ellison64

Hey...thanks to both of you.Both utilites are really good :thumb:
    Now i just need to find out why its happening.

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 04/03/2010 20:31:53 your computer crashed
    This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF800028CF105, 0xFFFFF880062DDCD0, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\030410-84334-01.dmp
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 04/03/2010 19:37:57 your computer crashed
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF800028CC105, 0xFFFFF8800516D840, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\030410-20904-01.dmp
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 04/03/2010 18:02:44 your computer crashed
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF80000009D70, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000288913A, 0x0)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\030410-25708-01.dmp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Conclusion
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is really responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Thanks again
    ellison

5. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Custom box? When are they happening - random?

6. ellison64

Hi..
    No its a dell laptop (previosly had vista on),though it has been completley formatted and windows 7 installed.3gig of ram and dual core cpu.The bsods seem to be random..no logic to them that i can see.Its been running fine for months.Just started happeneing a few days ago.I havent put any thing new on it.In fact i used shadow protect to restore an image from afew weeks ago just in case ,but the bsods still seem to happen.Windows is uptodate with patches etc,as is my applications.I thought it might be avast 5 causing it ,although i had avast 5 beta for a while and didnt have any problems.I uninstalled avast ,and still had a bsod after so its not that.Only windows firewall running ,so theres no hips firewall that may be causing it.Looking at the dump im wondering whether its something that starts a service.The only apps that do that ,are mst defrag which ive had for a while with no problem ,shadow protect ,which ive never had a problem with ,usb safely remove ,and shadow defender,which i havent used in shadow mode for months.
    ellison

7. andyman35

8. ellison64

Thanks for the link.Ill check that out.I havent had a blue screen since yesterday when i disabled mst defrag service,so im also checking that out.My graphics driver was update in december ,so theres nothing new that should have altered other than a conflict with another driver.Ive performed chkdisk and file checker and everything seems to be ok.
    ellison

9. andyman35

Glad you seem to be running ok now.

10. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.