Windows doesn't load after restored into a new computer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by proxies, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. proxies

proxies Registered Member

I recently bought a new computer and I want to use my previous HD to the new one. I backup and restore it using Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1 + Acronis Universal Restore. After the image has been restored i had problem loading the Windows XP Pro SP2 it always freezes when the progress bar reaches 100%. During restoration process I also pointed the universal restore to my mother board driver for driver installation. This is my first time to use Universal Restore any help would be high appreciated.. thanks

2. proxies

proxies Registered Member

*bump*

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Clarification needed ... Windows does not have a progress bar which goes to 100% when the OS is loading. It has a kind of progress bar which runs repeatedly from L to R. You must mean something else.

In any case it sounds like this calls for a Windows Repair. Boot with your Windows installation CD and do as if you're installing Windows and right after the EULA where you have to hit F8, a window with a Repair option will appear. Choose Repair at this point - not before.

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

proxies,

Could you be a little clearer on precisely what you are doing? Which of the following situations apply:
    • Contents of hard drive A installed in old computer 1 restored to hard drive B installed in the new computer 2 - i.e. you're trying to replicate everything on your old PC to your new PC and you're trying to do this via a restore operation.
    • Contents of hard drive B installed in new computer 2 restored to hard drive A from old computer 1 with hard drive A now installed in new computer 2 - i.e. it is a simple drive switch, say to a larger or faster drive, and your objective is basically a cloning operation involving the new computer and an old drive.
    • Something else...
    Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.