Windows defender???

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Hefaistos22, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Despite the claims of the bashers, they do indeed.

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I can't quite bring myself to subscribe to consistent track records of any product so much as bashing as pure disappointment.

It's painfully obvious for many that Windows Defender falls immediately into such a category, but as one who tries to give the benefit of the doubt that subsequent changes can eventually turn around as reliable improvements from their predeccesors, users always like to hope for the best.

In $M case though, it goes totally against the grain for reasons already stated, and if not nearly enough, theres now Windows Vista.

3. solcroft

How to spot a Microsoft basher: writes "MS" as "M$".

'Nuff said. :shifty:

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Inaccurate assessment unfortunately.

A so-called Microsoft basher as you seem to make something of a reference to, simply doesn't use Microsoft products at all :D
    And thus proceeds to downgrade everything & everything supporting & originating from that camp.

Solcroft, you could adjust your perspective to a more conventional means i think.

Such as since this is an obvious diversion from the Topic, i'm compelled to balance your total misconception but only briefly in all fairness to the author.

I just happen to take great interest in M$/MS as an Operating System of choice but it's also important to draw conclusive lines of distinction where they do happen to exist to better inform the public.

Without repeating it again, i'll reiterate for clarity, don't expect Microsoft to offer it's Operating Systems any full security of substance, ok? Because if that was their objective, then they wouldn't be in the position they enjoy today with the THOUSANDS of supporting security entities that shore up their O/S's limitations.

It's a WISE business policy you're not likely to ever see change in case you had your hopes set on that.

Enuff Said :cool:

5. solcroft

Well, here we have a wannabe cheerleader singing the praises of security products at every opportunity, but whenever those security products fail against an exploit or attack, the true reason is never explored, with the tune never failing to instead shift dramatically to a fine oratory regarding the flaws and weaknesses of "M$"'s operating systems.

I don't expect full security from MS or any other, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm sick of wannabes who prance about spouting baseless hype, who have little idea of what they're talking about and even less of what they're doing, putting all their efforts instead into acting like they do. Time to find out where the "Ignore" button is...

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

This constant incitement also leaves a lot to be desired.

Don't be a bit surprised when the Moderators finally read this and pull the totally Off-Topic ~snipped~ remarks

...as you seem severly disappointed when challenged

7. solcroft

I wouldn't be surprised to be modded for this. But constant, pointless product cheerleading and bashing are nothing but a waste of forum bandwidth, and I think it's about time someone said that.

8. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

So much for a Windows Defender topic.

Listen, there are pieces of truth on both sides of these back and forth arguments, which we seem to be having a lot of lately. Posts that have too much of a personal focus on them, (i.e. comments that are too easily taken as rude, hurtful or sarcastic), only lead to anger, additional bashing replies and disruption. Likewise, ill founded conclusions that aren't backed up by sufficient factual information, can lead to frustration, disbelief and even lack of interest in pursuing any intelligent discussion.

How about if everyone tries to: 1. speak from factual knowledge; 2. stick to the actual topic of a thread; and 3. "be nice" (or at least be civil) to one another. It shouldn't get personal. It's only "computer security" talk, after all. Not life or death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.