Windows Crashes on Load

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Gamer, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamer

Gamer Registered Member

I was enabling all the options for all running processes because i noticed extra lag in a game i was playing and mid way through the list (i was at a system process) my computer rebooted no warning and everytime windows got past the chose a user screen the same thing happened again. I logged into safe mode, uninstalled PG and restarted and i was able to get back into windows, but when i reinstall PG the same crash error happens again. I removed an entry in the registry for PG but it still crashes. Any ideas how to fix this?

2. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Sorry to say I dont have any answer for you. But I will share that the same problem happened to me. And I spent 2 whole days researching it without results. I finally uninstalled pg, which in and of itself is a whole other story. IMHO, the potential problems that this program brings really outweighs its benefits.

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

"Enabling all options" sounds like a problem, and also be sure to get PG 3.405. Uninstall PG from Safe Mode for now.

Once you have 3.405, reinstall and don't make any changes MANUALLY. Simply leave Learning Mode on and run everything you "use everyday"

The setup guide in the help file has more detail, and I also recommend trying PG without blocking global hooks (3 out of 4 global options on). This makes PG a lot easier to set up without anywhere near as many processes needing allow options.

4. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

Is 3.405 the current download on your site?
    I just downloaded it and it's only 1,563KB. The pgsetup_3400.exe is 1,896KB.
    I'd suggest that you provide the full version and date of release on your web site. In addition, when I attempted to download the Full Version I was presented with a Buy screen but nothing that I could see where I could simply download, since I already have an Unlimited Home key.
    Jim

5. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

I downloaded 3.405 from

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/pgsetup_3405.exe

DiamondCS needs to make a "public announcement" for PG V3.405 if it is now the desired version.

When I go to the official download Members Area, it still shows V3.15 and downloads V3.15. USA server totally out of date or what (if there is a USA server).

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

The default download at the PG download site is already updated to 3.405

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/pgsetup.exe

This also gives 1,599,773 bytes.

So I guess the updated version 3.405 is already official, although the download page still says "Current Version: v3.400 NEW!!!"

Is the smaller size due to the debugging code being taken out?

7. Wilpower

Wilpower Registered Member

I hear what you folks are saying. I too have been working through issues with Gavin since the innitial Upgrade from V.3.105.
    I have tried V.3.400 and most recently V.3.405 and I still have the same issue: As soon as any version of PG other then V.3.150 is installed, my OS simply Hangs. Nothing works. I UNinstall new versions and REinstall my version 3.150 and all is AOK> I have specifically made sure that there were no 'old drivers' left before I installed either newer version.
    Anyway,
    Even with the issues that won't allow me to run the newer version I will continue to use PG v.3.150 because I have run PG on my system since day 1 and have had NO TROUBLE prior to this recent major upgrade. And PG is an excellent and time proven line of defence!
    I am confident that Gavin, Wayne and all the team will evenually iscolate the problem.

8. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

so then is 3.405 Final, or is this beta? Can we install the new version over 3.4 without having to un-install or o_O

Why not make a sticky on here with the current Final Version plus the link to it
    and the current BETA version, a link to it... This would help virtually everyone and little to no questions would come up about what's what, or where, etc...

9. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

This really does need to be done.

10. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Yes, a LOCKED sticky so that it does not turn into a bug/complaint/suggestion/recommend/BS sticky. ;)

11. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

BUMP, that sticky is something that everyone needs....

12. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Afaik there are no critical improvements in v3.405 vs v3.400.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.