Windows compatability

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by catman915, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catman915

catman915 Registered Member

Will TI 2009 backup Windows 7? I noticed that it has two partitions. Not sure how to go about it. Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Yes, it will ... put the check mark against Disk 1 so the entire disk is backed up.

3. catman915

Thanks for the response. I have my system installed on a partition on the drive. Will that work?

4. DwnNdrty

I've never tried that. What's on the other partition?

5. catman915

It's just data(mp3's, photos etc. Because of the size of my other drives it works best this way so I'd like to stick with it if I can.

6. DwnNdrty

Other users here have backed up only the system partition and it works for them. But be careful with Win7 - there's a small partition that is part of the rest of the C drive and which has to be backed up along with the C part. But to be absolutely sure that a restore from the backup Image will work, you should, if at all possible, do a restore to a spare hard drive.

7. catman915

That sounds like the prudent thing to do. I tried a backup of the two partitions on Win 7 drive and then tried to mount it to look at it but it says "can't mount one of the partitions " and bombs so I guess TIO is confused by Win 7.

8. DwnNdrty

With 2009, just double click on the .tib file in Windows Explorer - it will open to reveal the drive icons. Double click one to see what's in it - just like using Windows Explorer on your physical drive.

9. catman915

Thanks I was unaware of that feature. Can you write to an archive opened like that?

10. DwnNdrty

I've never tried that ... and I wouldn't want to unless I had a spare backup file. No point in giving True Image a reason to "go bad" on me. LOL.

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello catman915,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image Home 2009

At the moment, the following Acronis products can be installed on Windows 7:

• Acronis True Image Home 2010 Beta
    • Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Family

However, the correct operation is not guaranteed since Windows 7 is still in the development stage. We are planning to release updates for our current products to fully support Microsoft Windows 7 as it becomes available.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.