Windows Boot Manager appears on boot after making Recovery Media Builder on USB key.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jp7794, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp7794

jp7794 Registered Member

Noob here. Hello everyone. Not sure how much version matters but for the record I am using Paragon Backup and Recovery™ , version 10.0, build 9169 (01.12.09 ) Compact Edition

I did the Recovery Media Builder on a USB flash drive. I wanted to boot to the drive to make sure it wrote successfully, which it did.

The problem I am having is that ever since then the Windows Boot Manager has started showing up when the computer starts. Windows 7 is the only OS option and there is no countdown to when it goes on and boots. It is a clean install of Windows 7. This is an issue for me as I use remote desktop connection a lot and I cannot connect at the Windows Boot Manager screen.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? It only started happening after I booted from the USB Key with the Recovery Media Builder.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

No, I haven't come across that before with respect to Paragon .

In an elevated cmd prompt, type:

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu no

Hope it helps.

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

EasyBCD is a great GUI alternative.

4. jp7794

jp7794 Registered Member

Very nice shameless plug and if I had more than one OS I would consider it. If you PM me with a product key, I will be more than happy to use Paragon software to resolve an issue created by Paragon Software. Look forward to your PM.

5. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

6. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

7. jp7794

jp7794 Registered Member

Re: Windows Boot Manager appears on boot after making Recovery Media Builder on USB k

My apologies Tommy. Thanks for the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.