windows 98 and scandisk conflicts with Spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by she111, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. she111

she111 Registered Member

Re: windows 98 and Windows xp IE ^

Hi, I'm sorry to jump in here like this, but I'm a new member and I can't figure out where to post a thread. I have a question about Spyware Blaster. It's the reason I registered here. I hope you don't mind me asking , how to disable Spyware Blaster so I can run the scan disk on my computer. It keeps telling me there is a program running and it has restarted 10 times. Since this is the newest program I have, I think it might be the reason it's restarting. Thank you so much for letting me jump in here. She111 :)

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey she111....Welcome to Wilders.

As you hang around you will become more familar of how to create your own thread when you have a problem. For now....I'll leave this post in this thread and split it off later after you have commented back.

Spywareblaster would not be the culprit when it comes to scan disk problems.

Regards,
    Bubba

3. she111

she111 Registered Member

Thank you Bubba,
    I guess I will have to do some thinking on what my problem is then, because that's the only thing that has changed.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey she111,

I have split your posts off into a thread of it's own so we can better assist you.

Please keep us informed....and confirm which operating system this concerns :doubt:

Also....Please list some of the software that runs in the background....items you might see in your tool tray....such as Anti-virus programs, Firewall ?....etc.

Bubba

5. she111

she111 Registered Member

Thanks Bubba,
    I have Windows 98, and on start up, or tool tray I have NortonAnti Virus, Task scheduler,Kodak Easy Share,and Call Wave. Thanks for any help you can provide. :)

6. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi she111,

I'm not familiar with the programs you have mentioned above, but I had a similiar problem on my Win98se when doing a scandisk, and receiving that message that something was writing to the disk so the scan would continue restarting. In my case it was my firewall writing to it's logs.

What I have to do is disconnect from the internet, and turn off all running programs (including my firewall), until nothing was left but Explorer. Then the scan would complete.

The other thing you can try is to run scandisk while in Safe Mode, but check again while in Safe Mode using the ctrl+alt+del keys to make sure nothing but Explorer is running.

Please remember to disconnect from the internet before turning off your antivirus and/or firewall.

Hope the above is helpful.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.