Windows 8's "Reset" Feature

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Brandonn2010, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

So this basically restores a computer to a fresh install without actually having to boot from an install disc, format the drive, etc.? Is it useless against infections kind of like restore points?

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

3. anon

anon Registered Member

=

4. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Well that's fantastic! Almost makes me wish I had Windows 8 (but not really).

5. anon

anon Registered Member

Windows 8 Pro, only $15 :)

The deadline to upgrade at the discounted price is Feb. 28, 2013

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

As a windows user as well as critic sometimes, there's something to be said about Microsoft's most recent adventure into making their current new flagship platform yield some real beneficial improvements.

As my routine habit of applying fancy but useful customizations in between beta testing prototype software as well as the usual malware research, i find Windows 8 surprisingly more stable, secure, and REFRESH is a real bonus as it retains ALL your personally added files/programs completely. One fly in the ointment though is System Restore on my windows 8. It became necessary to shut it off totally after using it since it cleared my entire personal exe. files from off the surface of the desktop. Talk about a shock!

REFRESH is a welcome new feature IMHO as well as RESET which I've yet to try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.