Windows 8 & Location services?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by bobbiaC, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbiaC

bobbiaC Registered Member

Does ESET plan on utilizing MS's api for geolocation? I have a broadband ready laptop (Sierra mc7700 .. nice module, btw.) It can use GPSa as far as I can tell.

Reason I ask is when I ping the test for anti-theft it comes back with an error. I have line of sight to enough satellites to get a lock.

Color me confused. Is is something I am doing wrong?

2. bobbiaC

also .. Any chance of intel Anti-theft integration?

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I do not believe it is currently used. For one thing, if a user were to disable location services globally, that could reduce the accuracy of ESET's anti-theft solution. However, it might be useful as a supplement to the existing location technologies used by ESET.

Your feature request has been passed on to ESET's project management for consideration in a future release.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. bobbiaC

Just trying to figure out why geo ip isn't pinging on my Win8 Thinkpad. Well a fix, rather. Its weird.

edit: nvm. needed to approve the test mode on the desktop. That seems a bit redundant, yes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.