Windows 7

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Thomas Platts, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Thomas Platts

Thomas Platts Registered Member

I am fed up with Win 10 Home, and I want to return to Win7. To do this I need the drivers. Can anyone suggest where I could get the drivers? The Laptop is an HP Notebook

Thanks

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@Thomas Platts What is the model of the laptop? Windows 7 will be install drivers for the majority, if not all of the devices. When you install Windows 7, a lot of drivers will be installed. Running Windows Update will find drivers for most the devices that drivers weren't installed for when installing Windows.

If the laptop originally shipped with Windows 7 installed, there will be a support page at HP which has the needed drivers for it. For the most part you will only need to install drivers for devices which Windows was not able to find drivers for as well as storage and audio drivers. Most likely Windows will only install generic drivers for these and it's best to install the actual device specific drivers for them.

If the laptop didn't originally come with Windows 7, you will still be able to get drivers for it, just not directly from HP. As I said as the start of this post, having the model of the laptop and also what version of Windows it came installed with, will be of help.

4. Thomas Platts

Hi roger_m,
    Thanks for your reply. The Laptop is a HP dv7 Notepad with Windows 7 originally installed, The Laptop has been upgraded to Win 10 Home. HP no longer hold Win 7 drivers, The installation disk installs Win 7 but I need the appropriate driver to get on-line.

5. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Before you go back to Windows 7. Are you aware its support is going to end after January 14, 2020?

6. roger_m

HP still have drivers for your computer. I just did a Google search for HP DV7 drivers - and it returned links to HP's support pages to download drivers.

This is the first link I clicked on, and it has Windows 7 drivers. But there are links for different varients of the DV7 as well.
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...ment-notebook-pc-series/3837623/model/3860629

7. Thomas Platts

Hi roger-m,

The Laptop in question is being repaired, However, I did check with HP and my Laptop can receive the drivers needed, Thanks for your input: much appreciated.

Thomas Platts

8. roger_m

9. Willy2

Willy2 Registered Member

- Do you still have a folder called "C:\Swsetup" ? In that folder HP puts all the installation files for the system driver software.

10. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

You are not the only one. I went back, too. :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.