Windows 7 x64 - black screen after log in

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by JavaGenki, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JavaGenki

JavaGenki Registered Member

I really wanted to like ESS (I love NOD) but it beat me down to the point where I had to do a System Restore to get my laptop back to full functionality. I am using Win 7 RC x64 with nothing much more than a suite of MS apps and the latest install of ESS. I have an issue where about 40% of the time after I reboot and try to log in I get a black screen and the computer freezes. The only way I can get out of this is to force a shut down with the power switch. I found this solution below but it unfortunately did not work for me.

http://blog.brothersoft.com/2009/04...-compatibility-testing-eset-smart-security-4/

I have tried everything – installing and uninstalling many times and ESS in many different configurations but I couldn’t find any pattern as to what was causing it – sometimes it works for a few reboots and I think I have the solution but then the next reboot I would get the black screen. Unfortunately, the only way to fix it was to do the restore. Actually, my experience with ESET on Win 7 RC x64 was much better than with Vista x64 which completely locked up my computer and I could barely get in to do the restore. It seems to be an issue with the x64 version of ESS. Does anyone have solution to this issue – I’d rather not have to go back to ZoneAlarm.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Make sure you have the latest build of ESET Smart Security installed, which is v4.0.437.0 as of this writing. You may also need to update the device drivers for the network card in the computer.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. P0t

P0t Registered Member

Hi!
    I have the Same Problem with German Windows 7 x64
    Tested Smart security and Anti Virus.
    Both give me Black screen aber Boot :(

No Solution yet?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The best would be to generate a comlete memory dump when the problem occurs. The instructions are available here, hopefully it works the same way with Windows 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.