Windows 7 ?? What`s your feel?!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WiFF, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WiFF

WiFF Registered Member

Beta only still?, Stable?, Resource!!!abillity! [YEH / :'( :( :'(]

-i`m a Gaming dude/Bally! Not u`r "4_Ever_Kicken_ARSE" tipe but, "Hey_ i`m game!! - Can we kick some_ARSE". Like my First Person`s. (i`LL be LANing till arthritis sets in one day & fires the mouse for me... lol)-(maybe then my FRAG-RATE will improve)he,he. But hey!?.., Who`s been into Win7 thus far? How are things looking for O`s like us!!? JUST having my feelers OUT THERE.
    When i UPGRADED my 2nd PC, they said "hold on to that 210MB HDD, you`ll need it to upgrade your new washing mashine soon"
    i Hope Win7 will bring things a whole lot closer to that kind of senario as far as PERFORMANCE goes, seeing that "silicone" can`t be pasted out any thinner in the latest Processor technology. Thats why we have QuadCores now running in PaRalel, like hooking up 4 OXwaggons to the TiTaNiC on land, Yeeh HaaaaH....!!!
    ...eH, eRH, Why am i.....? BlaBBinG_ON...., Sorry, WHAT`s YOUR! TAKE_?!

2. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Windows 7 looks like a good improvement on Vista esp with the hardware requirements. There are some nice gui features. I'm actually quite a fan of the taskbar.

Jeremy

PS What is with the formatting of your text. Its ok to type normally with random capitalizations, colouring and size changes. In fact, it makes it easier to understand.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    the features im most looking forward to are as follows in no particular order
    1. less demanding on resources.

2. Windows mail and other applications not installed. If you want to install the applications you download the windows live installer and tick what you want to install. Would be nice if Microsoft could also apply it to internet explorer and windows media player.

3.On Trigger services. for example the bluetooth service wont start until you plug in a bluetooth device. same for Tablet devices . Only the needed services are started at boot time. all other services are started when they are needed and stop when not needed any more.

4.Giving guidance on how to write software for standard user accounts. I hope all software follows this advice link at around 20mins it explains the pitfall which I have have personal experience with.

Opera 9.5 is installed on user account call it "lodore" I start the opera 9.6 installer on lodore. I get a UAC prompt for the installer which asks me for the administrator password. but now if I continued it would install on administrator account and not lodore.
    the solution is to either change the installer to say please install this for "lodore" and not administrator or set up user settings on first launch of application. Solution 2. is meant to be much easier.

I am looking forward to windows 7. seems to be fixing the few problems I have with vista.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  4. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Would need at least 1 browser to go download the other stuff, unless they add in another app that would let you. I keep a copy of installers on my data drive so that would not be a problem for me. However, being able to remove IE would work, I believe. :)

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    I think most oem's would have internet explorer installed to avoid that type of issue. but hopefully during install have an option to not install internet explorer. Also in add/remove windows features have the option to uninstall internet explorer.

6. loli22

loli22 Registered Member

is the beta going to be public? i read somewhere it'll be released in decembre.

7. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Simply put, Windows 7 is an improved Vista. It is supposed to be released in June 2009, right after Vista SP2, I plan to buy it as soon as possible. I hope, that drivers will not be problems, they should be compatibile with Vista, lets hope, that it applies to Creative as well. Vista rocks and W7 will rule the world. :rolleyes:

8. besafe

besafe Registered Member

Here is what I would like to see:

1. Fix Windows Mail. Outlook express was better. Windows Mail is Microsofts attempt to force you to use Outlook.

2. Use less resources. Our PC's keep getting stronger and stronger in terms of computing power and MS keeps hogging more of those resources.

3. Windows 7 should be CHEAP as Vista is so awful.

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hey,
    I agree with 2 and 3
    With regards to 2. "what Intel brings microsoft takes away" lol

10. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

11. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Damn your posting is hard on people that can read English!

12. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

7 is supposed to be much faster though. They had the windows 7 lead developer use a netbook running windows 7 for PDC.

13. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

And simply put, Vista is an improved XP

14. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    Yes i know and i'm looking forward to windows 7.
    I just thought I would put in a joke.

15. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Lol I obviously missed that one. My bad.

16. mantra

mantra Registered Member

but it's only beta
    when will be available

17. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

I have had it on a Vmware Host for a few days. I can't believe how fast it is compared to Vista. The setup took about 15 minutes. It is a juiced up Vista with some interesting changes. I am looking forward to testing it in a First Defense snapshot.

18. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Can we get a copy to test?

THANKS

19. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Well not officially released though there as a copy at the recent PDF. I presume it is on torrents somewhere.

20. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

at the recent pdf?

mean thinks Portable Document Format when someone says pdf, LOL...

21. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

I think that was a typo. It should be "PDC."

22. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

As of late i am really not sure about windows any more learning from DOS moving through different OS onto XP and vista being my favorites there stiil always things about windows that piss me off BSOD for no apparent reason and understandble sometimes software related and the memory dumps and just little quirks that are enoying.Imo if windows 7 turns out to be the ultimate windows I just may go for it.However Currently and Completly converted to Linux Xubuntu and my laptop is loving it and frankly so am I.All my hardware working even my built in web cam that I never use anyways.Since the transition it may be the imagination here but it seem like my laptop is on steroids and stable and very secure for the most part,I may ride out linux until at least 7 comes and see whats it has to offer.

23. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yeah, Linux definitely has some appeal nowadays..... I will reserve opinion on Windows 7 till I can see and touch it myself. Using Vista x64 right now, but the Linux urge hits me every few weeks and I run that for a while too. It's nice to have alternatives.

24. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Pffffttt. Not likely.

Nothing in Vista is really proven very stirring imho in comparison to Super XP which is standing the test of time as well as exceptional scrutiny.
    Did i mention security courtesy truefully all the fascinating develomental efforts which have sealed a ring of fire around it.

25. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.