Windows 7 (What A Joke!)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

If this is the new experience, then I might as well switch to Mac :cautious:

No really!, I mean who in the hell designed this mess? whoever, they need to be shot :ninja: I reluctantly install the Pre RTM 7201 Build, and Oh Boy! what a mess, Unpleasant to the eye, a mixture of XP and Vista folders, raw and bleak in colour, ugly looking to be honest, looked like its been sketched with a pencil, and left at that. Windows Media Player now has no Graphic Equalizer or things like that, useless gadgets pined to the start menu e.g Solitaire FFS! :gack: Oh it has a Magnifier :shifty: Wow Wee let me stand back and gasp :blink: This thing needs redesigning, and QUICK! before some moron releases it for sale, I bet Windows 7 will be replace in a year if it gets out like this.

2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Maybe they designed it on purpose that way,,,,,,,sounds like it makes Vista look good.

I suppose there will be a whole bunch of folks looking to upgrade from 7 to Vista just as there were folks upgrading from Vista to XP.

OH, by the way, I have not seen 7 so any opinions expressed by someone claiming to be me on this subject are his, not mine. In short I cannot be held accountable as I am someone else pretending to be me.

3. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I like it better than vista for performance.

You could go to a mac, but then, you would be using a mac, which I find less appealing than windows. I would rather run linux distro of some kind than mac. Overpriced and overrated IMO.

I will buy 7 most likely. And that is no small thing, as I love XP.

Sul.

4. Eice

Eice Registered Member

1. You can't please everyone.
    2. Reviews on Windows 7 have been overwhelmingly positive so far.
    3. How much are you betting, cause I'm taking it on since it's a guaranteed win.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I dunno, a lot of people seem to love the RC. I really haven't heard anything negative about the Windows 7 RC from tech sites or web forums. Personally I love it... Unless build 7201 is drasticaly different from RC build 7100, I think it will do pretty well.

6. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I've tried Windows 7 RC and found it lighter than Vista, but not better visually speaking; although I can't see how one can dislike Vista and like Win7 or vice versa, they are very similar.

7. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Yes, I've also found it lighter than Vista. About the UI, overall I liked it. I just didn't like the Desktop and Logon background's.... with flowers and a fish!

Other than that, I don't oppose against the rest.

But, I'm wondering if a lot has changed since the last open RC? I mean, for what DVD+R mentioned...o_O

8. raakii

raakii Registered Member

I feel this thread will goon forever like other win7 ones.

9. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Firstly, I really like Windows 7 - running the RC at the mo and yes, it's very similar to Vista but hey I like Vista too. I know for a fact I'll be buying it on release day.

Secondly, it's very clear that DVD+R simply does not like Windows 7 either in it's current form or most probably in its final state. Simply put, just stay with what you're using and let the rest of us decide if we like W7 or not. I think your post from another thread about W7 RC clearly shows how much you despise it:-

"Well I must say I'm extremely dissapointed. After all the bump and hype given to this version of windows, I find it nothing more than a huge anticipated waste of time. ugly design, and nothing worth shouting about at all. If you think Vista is bad, then you need a shake and install this junk, Microsoft probably were high on something when they raced into this mess only 18 months after Vista. :ouch: "

Finally, there's going to be W7 bashers as there were/are Vista bashers - human nature and all that. If you've nothing better to do with your time!

10. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

I actually quite like the screenshots I've seen (Im a sucker for defined lines so the new taskbar is a hit for me). Everyone to their own!

11. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Then it is better to switch to linux instead of commercial expensive unix. Windows XP remains the best but soon lot will force themselves or will be forced to switch and ms control matrix (a:55555:4:123°17) gets once again more and more control.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  12. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

I use Windows xxxx as little as humanly possible. I like to know what clown is wanting
    in my puter. I have a two way firewall and the junk that Microsoft wants from my
    puter is unbelievable and annoying. I will not buy any Windows program until I have to buy a new Puter. I am finding that "PCLinuxOS" is a very nice linux distro. It's also free and the people that run it are nice. I do 100% of my email and 95% of web browsing there. They use Firefox and Thunderbird. No annoying Windows telling me that some clown wants info from my Puter.
    Since I do a little programming I am stuck with Windows.

13. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

I'm running build 7201 and there's very little difference with the RC. Yes, I have both. The only difference I've found has been with group policy an how it functions.

I happen to like Windows 7 very much.

To each his own?....One man's pie is another man's poison?...I guess. :).

Later....

14. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Very well put. Especially rings true with me, "....I am finding that "PCLinuxOS" is a very nice linux distro. It's also free and the people that run it are nice....."

15. SystemJunkie

Hehe, I am lingering there for a long time already but the advantage is that you are well trained after a while.

LoL

If one has no problems with restrictions and ms control (e.g. WA:53222:4:63.Fu) nt 6.x might be nice otherwise
    it could become a daily fight.:D I have a new name for this ms control thing: The static 4 WAshington´S System.

16. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

I'm sorry but I'm just not getting what you're saying - talking about restrictions and ms control - making my head spin.

You're either happy with W7 or aren't - surely most ppl just want to be able to use it and feel comfortable using it.

17. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    So don't purchase it...who's holding a gun to your heard forcing you to get it?
    Can stick with Vista, stick with XP, jump to CrApple camp, or try any of the plethora of *nix distros out there.

I've found Windows 7 to be quite good, been dabbling with various betas 'n RCs since last Autumn. Similar in look and feel to Vista...yet substantially smoother and snappier running.

Wicked customizable desktop...nobody is forcing you to accept the default theme and wallpaper, you can really go crazy with it.

18. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I like 7, it's lighter than Vista as mentioned by some, and faster also, and it looks nice to me. I used it for a month and prefer it over Vista. But having said that, I really don't think it's all that much better than Vista. There seems to be a huge amount of positive hype around it for some reason. Perhaps just wishful thinking on everyone's part. Don't get me wrong, I think it's nice, but I don't think it's all that big of a change.

I think when it's released and things settle down, we'll see a lot of people sticking with XP, or moving to Linux or Mac, and even more just sticking with Vista. But then again, 7 will be on every new PC, so eventually it will dominate as XP does now.

19. demonon

demonon Guest

I too like Windows 7.
    Vista just felt like some sort of beta version compared to XP.
    But now that there is Windows 7, it has all the security extras from Vista + it's a lot more snappier.
    I think I am going to buy this one.

I just hope the next Windows won't have a registry and will have another FS.

BTW:
    You have a almighty fine PC over there. My Q6600 looks very slow compared to it...

20. SystemJunkie

@Ade1 this was a highly specific insider hint, simply ignore it.

I will soon test RC, in beta some things were better and some were extremely annoying, as always.

True, true.

True too.

No registry? Is this possible with such a commercial os?

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Windows 7 is definatly what vista should have been.
    vista is genrally fine but it can be slow. windows 7 has the speed and dont forgot the brand new taskbar.
    the under the hood changes are very good. i may even get it pre service pack 1.

22. Eice

Eice Registered Member

It's what XP should've been, too. And Windows 2000, for that matter. Heck, it's what DOS 1.0 should've been.

Jaunty is definitely what Intrepid should have been. Karmic will be the same to Jaunty. Did that make any sense? No? Bingo.

23. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Insider hint? Cool. Where do I sign up, and are you guys still giving out those free membership tinfoil hats?

24. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I don't think anybody has mentioned there are tweaking applications for most windows verions, some people seem to think windows 7 is FRAKED up but good. Well it is time to tweak the hell out of Windows 7 if you don't like the looks of it (THEN CHANGE IT!!!). I've even seen a application to make Windows vista look like windows XP. There are websites that have sprong up for tweaking Windows XP.

25. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    My nickname for Windows 7 is "Vista SE".

:D

Anyone remember the original Windows 98...buggy, crashprone, sluggish...and then the rather solid Windows 98 Second Edition (aka:Windows 98SE)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.