Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Overview
    When you purchase Windows 7 from Microsoft Store, you have the option to download an ISO file or compressed files. The Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool allows you to create a copy of your Windows 7 ISO file on a USB flash drive or a DVD. To create a bootable DVD or USB flash drive, download the ISO file and then run the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool. Once this is done, you can install Windows 7 directly from the USB flash drive or DVD.

http://store.microsoft.com/Help/ISO-Tool

2. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

I mentioned this in another thread and said that I'm surprised Microsoft doesn't have a retail version, off-the-shelf on a flash drive. I'm seeing more programs sold this way to accommodate the proliferation of netbooks. I wouldn't be surprised to see this soon from Microsoft.

At any rate, the downloadable iso direct from MS is a good move.

3. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

What I'm surprised at is Microsoft's insistence on clinging to an outdated delivery system. With broadband, the OS can be downloaded in a few hours from the web with an iso/img package. There is no longer a compelling reason to prevent people from doing their own recording to DVDs/USB thumb drives. They didn't need to wait til this past Thursday to force most people to buy it in brick and mortar stores.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.