windows 7 repair ran, and now my disk isn't raw anymore for truecrypt.

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by mrcpu, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcpu

mrcpu Registered Member

I had a 2 disk system, using truecrypt 7.1, system disk (SSD) was encrypted, and then a second drive was encrypted with pre-boot authentication.

All was well, until the second disk started acting a bit wonky. I had de-crypted the main SSD, to replace it with a larger one, and was just mounting the second disk manually, checking the box for use preboot authentication.

Some few days ago, windows recovery ran for some reason, (I just came into work, and it said "Windows is repairing your system") and now my RAW second disk is now a "basic" disk. And I can't get truecrypt to mount it.

I swore I had my TC header backed up in my dropbox, but apparently not.

The data is not super-critical, but if I can get it remounted, I would like to.

The entire disk was a single raw partition, I didn't do anything, other than delete the original windows partition, then encrypt the entire drive.

I'm technically literate, but currently don't have the space to dump a raw image of the entire device, so I will live with any consequences of experimenting just fine.

I was hoping it would find the backup header, but when I list devices to mount, the disk shows up, but w/o a partition0, and then truecrypt tells me "no partition selected".

Thanks for any help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.