Windows 7 RC v6.1(7100) and ESS 4.0.424 are working fine together

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by DarrenDavisLeeSome, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

Really nice.

No problems at all....so far. I even have an In-depth scan going on right now.

2. DarrenDavisLeeSome

I spoke too soon....never ending ending BSOD loop.

Ran fine after installing ESS (and no reboot) for about an hour or so.

Rebooted, got as far as the Welcome screen, not even enough time to put in a password.

Dang it.

3. DarrenDavisLeeSome

I went into Safe Mode and put the ESET Service on "Manual".

It booted up in Normal Mode.....

I'll....try....something or other....

4. DarrenDavisLeeSome

I don't know what could have happened the first time around.

Glad that I had made a Ghost Image prior to installing ESS for the first time.

Wiped my drive, formatted, and then restored Windows 7.

Ran Windows Update. There was a "Compatability" fix that I didn't have installed prior to installing ESS the first time. Maybe that was the reason for the BSOD's. Any ways, I then installed ESS again, updates and everything, rebooted, and no BSOD then or since.

5. rony474

rony474 Registered Member

using with RC from Windows7 x 64 more than two weeks and all ok ..
    no bsod .. just working fine .. ESET team great work! ..

6. swyost

swyost Registered Member

I can't say I had your success. Smart Security 4 came off my Windows 7 x64RC laptop within a week. I still like the product (and its small footprint) but with it installed I had to struggled to access my home network. Accessing my WHS via the web also became impossible even after setting the ports. Actually, an installation program running of a DVD also hung until I disabled Smart Security - the installation then immediately finished. Hopefully things will be straightened out by the time Windows 7 goes RTM. At this point though I am running Avast on the laptop and will use Eset on my other machine. All the access issues dropped out as soon as Smart Security was uninstalled. I have also had no further problems installings stuff from the DVD drive.

Stephen

7. KiwiMike

KiwiMike Registered Member

Upgraded operating system from Vista Home Premium 64bit to Windows 7 RC1 64bit. Under Vista I had the UAC turned off. Default for Windows 7 is UAC turned on.

When Windows 7 started, ESS could not convert the personal firewall rules for an unknown reason.

Uninstalled ESS, restarted Windows 7, reinstalled ESS and all appears to be running fine.

I run with firewall in interactive so am now in process of allowing access for known applications

8. KOKOtm

KOKOtm Registered Member

Hm..not completly...i have the problem, that i can't get onto my network drives. If i disable the firewall, all is working fine.

9. DarrenDavisLeeSome

Just got done with a totally clean install of Windows7100 about an hour ago. Got done with installing ESS 4.0.424 just a few minutes ago.

Nice.

Really.

Nice.

No...I really mean it.

10. StoneDog

StoneDog Registered Member

Just my 2 cents worth ....

I use ESS 4.0.424.0 (with the test update flag set) with Win 7 - and I have not have any problems that I wouldn't have in Vista.
    Before you ask - I only have issues with certain SSL sites when having the SSL check activated .... however this is virtually resolved with the 1046 firewall module (I found you need to clear our browsers certificate storage before you embark using 1046 FW module with SSL protocol checking ....).

Anyway - main point being that ESS 4 works just grand with Win 7 :D

//DOG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.