Windows 7 Random Lock Up In File Explorer

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by siriusly, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siriusly

siriusly Registered Member

#### SOLVED ... SEE SECOND POST ####

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.

I am on W7 Pro 64 and I have eset32 and mbam installed.

I have this bizzare problem that started recently where my whole system will lock on file operations for up to 5 seconds on average. It appears to happen on new files being written or copied.

I thought it was because files were being scanned so I tried turning off eset and it made no difference.

I then thought it might be an SSD issue of health so I checked that and there are no issues there.

I have no other ideas on troubleshooting this and would appreciate any tips on what might be causing this.

Thanks
    S

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  2. siriusly

siriusly Registered Member

Ok... i figured this out with a bit of thinking.

I rebooted into safe mode... tested to see if the issue existed. It didn't. So it had to be a program or app.

I booted back into normal and turned off everything from booting. Rebooting I could see that it was still there.

I then checked the programs running and picked them off one by one until I got a normal file copy instantly.

It was rocketdock.exe which was a tool that i used for quick access to programs. I uninstalled the program, turned back on everything and rebooted again.

All works perfectly : )

Hope this helps others.

This issue is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.