Windows 7 Random Lock Up In File Explorer

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by siriusly, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siriusly

siriusly Registered Member

#### SOLVED ... SEE SECOND POST ####

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.

I am on W7 Pro 64 and I have eset32 and mbam installed.

I have this bizzare problem that started recently where my whole system will lock on file operations for up to 5 seconds on average. It appears to happen on new files being written or copied.

I thought it was because files were being scanned so I tried turning off eset and it made no difference.

I then thought it might be an SSD issue of health so I checked that and there are no issues there.

I have no other ideas on troubleshooting this and would appreciate any tips on what might be causing this.

Thanks
    S

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  2. siriusly

siriusly Registered Member

Ok... i figured this out with a bit of thinking.

I rebooted into safe mode... tested to see if the issue existed. It didn't. So it had to be a program or app.

I booted back into normal and turned off everything from booting. Rebooting I could see that it was still there.

I then checked the programs running and picked them off one by one until I got a normal file copy instantly.

It was rocketdock.exe which was a tool that i used for quick access to programs. I uninstalled the program, turned back on everything and rebooted again.

All works perfectly : )

Hope this helps others.

This issue is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.