[Windows 7] Not recognizing non-English words/characters

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Note: For diagnosis purposes I'm referring to Program Files in our language as being "Programs".

So far I haven't come across anything useful, so I'm hoping someone may point me in the right direction.

A relative of mine came to me complaining issues with Windows 7. I had installed Chromium recently in this relative's computer, and I saved the program in Program Files.

Considering that my relative does not use the English version of Windows, Program Files is worded differently, obviously.

I had created different Chromium profiles (under "Programs"), one of them containing letters that are not part of the English vocabulary.

When running one of the Chromium shortcuts I had placed at the Desktop, my relative noticed an error saying the path did not exist. It did and it does exist, though.

Apparently, when creating a folder under "Programs", my relative made a mistake and created another "Programs" folder under C:\.

Windows automatically protected the main "Programs", making it now be Program Files. So, now Windows only accepts English words*. What used to be "Programs" is now Program Files.

* Or better yet, only accepts English letters.

If I go to C:\, I see the folder "Programs", but Windows does no longer recognize it as such. Windows recognizes it as Program Files.

Does anyone have a clue of how to make it accept our language again?

I verified the keyboard language and all that, and it's our language.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.