Windows 7 Lineup Offers Clear Choice for Consumers and Businesses

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Q&A: Windows General Manager Mike Ybarra discusses how Windows 7 editions are being designed to make buying simple, while serving the needs of more than 1 billion customers worldwide.
    Related Links
    Features:
    • Windows 7 Wins on Netbook PCs – Feb. 3, 2009

REDMOND, Wash., Feb. 3, 2009 — Last month Microsoft delivered the beta version of Windows 7 for public testing. Today the company announced its plans for Windows 7 SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) strategy, explaining that Microsoft expects that a majority of customers will be best served by two primary editions of Windows 7: Windows 7 Home Premium for consumers, and Windows 7 Professional for businesses.

continued at source
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2009/feb09/02-03Win7SKU-QA.mspx

2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    is it just me or do most of the articles are a bit misleading
    windows home basic wont be sold in the major countries so why even bother to state that you are only able to run only three apps at once.

only ones sold majorly are the following
    Windows 7 Starter
    What's missing: Aero Glass, many Aero desktop enhancements, Windows Touch, Media Center, Live thumbnail previews, Home Group creation
    Key features: Enhanced taskbar, Jump Lists, Windows Media Player, Backup and Restore, Action Center, Device Stage, Play To, Fax and Scan, basic games

vista home premium
    What's missing: Domain join, Remote Desktop host, advanced backup, EFS, Offline Folders
    Aero Glass, Aero Background, Windows Touch, Home Group creation, Media Center, DVD playback and authoring, premium games, Mobility Center

windows 7 pro
    What's missing: BitLocker, BitLocker To Go, AppLocker, Direct Access, Branche Cache, MUI language packs, boot from VHD
    Key features: Domain join, Remote Desktop host, location aware printing, EFS, Mobility Center, Presentation Mode, Offline Folders

im interested in pricing now.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  4. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

I as well.

I've been using Windows 7 for a while now and there's really no comparison between it and Vista....Windows 7 is far superior in just about every way. I love it. I'm sure I'll be dreading when the trial period draws to an end.

Later....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.