Windows 7 imaging

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ako, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ako

ako Registered Member

I recently got new PC. Is the built-in window 7 imaging robust, or should I still use Paragon?

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

it is very robust;)

3. DIgiDis

DIgiDis Registered Member

I use both the windows version and the free Paragon software on my desktop. The windows version is very easy to use but seems to only do incremental backups and won't do full backups after the initial image. But, it is very smart and doesn't include the swap file and hibernation files to keep size down. I had to recover my desktop once from the Windows software and it worked perfectly from the rescue boot cd.

With Paragon's free backup and recovery software you can do full images when you like and it does differential images. Differential images are different in that they compare against the original image every time and only include what has changed from that original image. So, if you make a full image on Sunday then a differential on Monday then another on Tuesday, the Tuesday image ignores new stuff from Monday's differential and goes back to Sunday's image as a reference. Slightly more space intensive I guess.

I personally use the Windows imaging software every two weeks, and use Paragon to make a full image every month and then differentials before I add system changing software, like a different firewall for example. You can store paragon's images where you want and move them around if you wish, but with Window's software it makes a folder that has to remain in the same place forever.

4. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

@ako
    You might consider to request moving your thread to the right section for more exposure. :thumb:

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Moved Thread to this Forum for More Exposure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.