Windows 7 action center and Outpost firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by yongsua, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

Hi,the reason that I post my question here instead of Outpost forum because I always fail during the acc. registration of their stupid "Can you read this?" section so that's why I post it here.My English is not good and their forum is just trying to test my English to register as a member to their forum.Now,my issue is I get an error or notification occasionally from my Action center about my firewall is off .Besides,my Outpost is always on.Sorry for my bad English.:D

2. kmr1685

kmr1685 Registered Member

sorry to say this, the truth is outpost working but windows action center is not recognising it, as well sometime when you shutdown and start the outpost, the dailog box of the action displays goes crazy like blinking hell. it is known bugs, i do not know they sloved it or not better try the newest version available from their website, if you do not updated to latest version, thats all the story from side to share best of luck for your blinking hell :)

3. Manny Carvalho

Manny Carvalho Registered Member

I'm a forum moderator at the Outpost forum and what we are trying to do is stop the awful spam problem that we have. We have to make the questions a little difficult so that robots don't figure them out. It's a tough balance to allow legitimate persons to register and stop spammers. We aren't really trying to test your English. :) There's a Contact Link at the bottom of the forum that could be used. Also please feel free to PM me here and I'll see about getting you registered at the forum.

The Action Center sometimes makes a mistake but it doesn't mean the firewall is off. The notice should go away when it looks again. Be assured that Outpost is protecting just shortly after your computer starts up. AFW.sys hooks to the NDIS filter and is running shortly after the filter using the Background Mode policy. The user interface shows up much later but the service itself has been running. There's no need to worry about the Action Center reports.

And we're sorry about the difficulties you had with registration.

4. yongsua

Thanks for the reply.Kindly appreciated.

Never mind.It is ok.:)

5. yongsua

Is 7.1(3415.........)the latest version of Outpost Pro firewall currently?

6. henryg

henryg Registered Member

It is the latest version. 7.1 (3415.520.1247)

7. yongsua

Thanks for the confirmation.

8. minoka

minoka Registered Member

Hello yongsua,

The problematic section in the Outpostfirewall forum registration process has been modified. Should you wish to try it again, then please type your answer (one letter) over the capital Y. As Manny Carvalho indicated above, stopping spammers is not an easy task.

About your issue with win 7's Action Center. I ran into this both in win xp and win 7 pro 32 bit and solved it with the same action, i.e., rebuilding/resetting the wmi repository.
    Should you decide to try this possible solution, below are links on how to do it:
    This msft Technet answer, also this one. All are derived from this Technet Article.

Hope this helps.

9. yongsua

Thanks,I would like to try it and will let you know whether the issue is solve or not.

10. yongsua

I already PM to Manny Carvalho to help me register an account.He is so kind.Thanks for the concern.

11. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Are you kidding me yongsua ;) If you think your English is bad, read some of the other posts here and you will see there's nothing wrong with your English ;)

12. yongsua

Thanks.:)

13. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Same problem here with OP Pro. Also I had similar problems with Bullguard IS which uses OP firewall engine.

14. BullGuard

BullGuard Registered Member

15. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Hi,
    I was having this problem months ago when I was using Bullguard IS. That time I asked the support several times about this issue and they assured me that it will be fixed soon after running a few many diagnosis on my PC. That time I was not aware that it is outpost firewall related issue. Anyway that problem was not fixed during my subscription period. So I am back to the Bullguard AV rather than the IS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.