Windows 2003 Small Business Server & NOD32 Business Edition

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by GCD, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GCD

GCD Registered Member

Hi,

I have a problem with a client's Windows 2003 Small Business Server which has NOD32 Business edition installed on it. It has encountered a problem that no internet access can be made from the server and therefore it is not downloading emails via the POP connector. When trying to open the window of NOD32 it results in a white blank screen. I believe the issue is with the NOD32 installation. Has anybody seen this problem? Thank you.

2. GCD

GCD Registered Member

I believe it could be a problem with update 5418 when doing further checking. Any solution for the problems yet guys? Many thanks.

3. AJStevens

AJStevens Registered Member

You need to reboot and update Eset Defs, they're probaby stuck on 5418.

If you can't reboot the server currently, Eset have provided a tool to accomplish it without rebooting the server, see this article: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2545

Be aware, after it updates from 5418 to a newer definition, the same problem could occur, again, run the tool or ideally reboot.

Symptoms include blank GUI, unable to update, unable to access internet or network services, slow server performance or hanging/unresponsiveness.

After a few reboots it'll be ok again, bug is in 5417 and 5418 and occurs on update to a newer definition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.