windows 2003 server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ashley, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashley

ashley Registered Member

Hello.

I'm new here. I have a HP ML 110 Server with a 80 GB SATA Harddisk inside. OS is Windows 2003 Server. This Server is a Domain Controller.

Partition C: 18GB (OS)
    Partition D: ~54 GB (Data)

I installed a new SATA- RAID Controller

RAID 1
    2 x 160 GB SATA Harddisk

Now i will copy the system from the 80 GB SATA HD to the RAID Array.
    With Symantec Ghost 2003 i had a lot of problems (damaged files, etc.). Is True Image able to do that?

sorry for my very bad english.
    greets ashley

2. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

Ashley,

If you clone the disk from its current location to the new array, this should work. Sometimes - when you switch RAID controllers or add a new one - the system won't adapt properly. However, since you are going from RAID 0 to RAID 1 (and Windows will see the RAID 1 as RAID 0 provided you created the array at the hardware level), this may work. Good luck!

3. TonioRoffo

TonioRoffo Registered Member

Ahsley, You'd better split data and system over 2 logical disks.

Server 2003 should run at least on 2 times 2 disks in mirror, or a mirrored file system and raid5 data. Adding Exchange, you should make a partition on the system disks just for the transaction logs to be split from the database.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.