Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more (Discussion)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Jun 15, 2021.

1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

2. Quassar

Quassar Registered Member

Its the most popular software a lot gamers and not only use these software with out issue..
    https://steamcharts.com/app/431960
    But i belive there will be always few % of peoples who have issue with everything :D
    I use these software whole few good years and i didnt got any one single time issue of it. https://imgur.com/a/MhQY1uS

And it just cost 4$ as lifetime license so it still worth to try for that price..
    But its animated wallpaper if you wanna change menu start you need use other soft which i said you above

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Same here. Is there a group policy to kill it with fire?

4. xxJackxx

Very doubtful. It's still Dev channel. Maybe enough negative feedback will stop it.

5. Trooper

I certainly hope so.

6. plat

plat Registered Member

OK, I'm screaming.

bandicam 2022-05-19 15-42-03-902.png
    Well, I'm not really screaming but I felt like doing so for a brief moment in time. OK, so I'll use Start Menu to type stuff in instead. Turned off Search in the Taskbar settings. Boom. Gone. Insiders Beta build 22621.1 (22H2).

I'm not kidding when I say I'm seriously not into Microsoft's browser or its search engine. No thank you.

7. xxJackxx

So they got you in the Beta channel too? My laptop is in Release Preview. If it comes down that far I will be installing 3rd party solutions.

8. Trooper

Sadly I am with you. I run Enterprise so maybe there is a glimmer of hope for me. We shall see.

9. hawki

hawki Registered Member

10. xxJackxx

That's great! Now that it's been out for several months they are declaring if good enough to use. Too bad there are still basic issues. Even at this point when I click on the clock area, either nothing happens, something opens after a delay (i9, 32GB of RAM, SSD RAID), and often when it does open it only shows the name of the month and not the full calendar. They forgot to ring my doorbell after they left this flaming bag of doody on my porch. :eek: :argh:

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

12. plat

plat Registered Member

With those specs, it should be opening before you click on it. :)

Some things are zippy in 11, but shutdown for example is still a bit prolonged. I have a batch file running also, to end tasks. Helps a little but it's not quite as fast as it is in W0 (takes just two or three sec.).

13. xxJackxx

LOL, it should open before I click it. There are many things I like about Windows 11. The Task Bar and start Menu are not any of those things.

14. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Latest news is that Win Task Manager is now also crappy in Win 11. Seriously, if I should believe all of these stories it sounds like Win 11 is even worse than Win Vista. I will not buy a new PC until all of these dumb issues are fixed.

https://www.neowin.net/news/windows...s-apparently-buggy-including-on-task-manager/

15. xxJackxx

Mixed feeling on Task Manager. I feel it is more wasted space but it is more consistent with the other apps. I have some gripes but overall it's probably not that bad but everyone has to decide for themselves. I still say the Taskbar and Start Menu are buggy. From Windows 8 forward it feels like what Microsoft is doing is releasing an OS and then finishing it after it goes public. It is a sad departure from the way it used to be.

16. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

17. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

18. plat

plat Registered Member

Has anyone tried to enable Stickers yet, as per above? I get a greyed-out option in the right-click menu. Double-checked to make sure everything was spelled properly and in the right places. Windows 11 v. 22621.1

Hm. :cautious:

rcmenustickers.png

19. xxJackxx

I just tried it. I get farther than you, mine is not disabled. However when I click there are no stickers shown, just the little blue button that is above where they should be.

Edit: I just ran Windows Update to see what would happen. Though it only downloaded a Defender update, I now get stickers. Coincidence? I don't know.

20. plat

plat Registered Member

Thanks very much for the info. Unfortunately, I removed my Windows 11 drive shortly afterward. When I reinstate it, I'll follow what you did here and maybe something will come up. Thanks again! :)

21. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

22. xxJackxx

If the bypass mentioned works for you then you are probably only coming up short on the CPU requirements. I have not seen it work in any other situation. You have to go to greater extremes to bypass any of the other restrictions. I've not found the CPU to be a deal breaker. Beyond that you may want to think hard before doing it. Especially if you have no TPM at all.

23. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

She does say:

24. Victek

Victek Registered Member

From the article:

“Windows 11 makes use of hardware-backed, virtualization-based security capabilities to help protect systems from credential theft attack techniques like pass-the-hash or pass-the-ticket. It also helps prevent malware from accessing system secrets even if the process is running with admin privileges. In the future, Credential Guard will be enabled by default for organizations using the Enterprise edition of Windows 11.”

"For this reason, you need hardware virtualization support and TPM 2.0 chips to run Windows 11. But unless you purchase Windows 11 Enterprise, you will not be supported to deploy Credential Guard."

So TPM 2.0 and hardware virtualization are technically required to install Windows 11, but the benefit of having those features, ie Credential Guard, is only available if you run Windows 11 Enterprise?

25. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Sounds like it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.