Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more (Discussion)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Jun 15, 2021.

1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Depends on the machine. We test software early to see if there are issues to report or be dealt with.We try to have at least a VM in each channel to monitor things.

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

So I was getting system lockups with Edge. Now it has started happening with Firefox. Windows 11 is definitely weird.

EDIT: I think I was able to narrow it down a bit more. It could be a display driver issue. Fortunately AMD released a driver the beginning of this month I just noticed. Updated and will keep an eye on it.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  3. guest

guest Guest

Windows 11 shows Intel’s decade-old Pentium 4 CPU as supported
    October 19, 2021
    https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/...intels-decade-old-pentium-4-cpu-as-supported/

4. xxJackxx

5. Trooper

Any idea how to install the .282 build without being on Insiders?

6. xxJackxx

If you're trying to update from a previous build, try to find the download. Probably a .cab file. Use DISM to install. If you need an ISO there probably is one, may not be official. Use at your own risk.

7. Trooper

Will take a look around. Not in a huge rush but sure would be nice. :)

8. guest

guest Guest

Android apps on Windows 11 Preview announced for Windows Insiders
    October 20, 2021
    https://www.neowin.net/news/android-apps-on-windows-11-preview-announced-for-windows-insiders/
    Announcing Android™ apps on Windows 11 Preview for Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel

9. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Yup. My Intel processor isn't even six years old, its not on the official list but it runs Windows 11 fine! If your PC meets all the other Windows 11 minimum hard floor requirements, why is the processor incompatible? We weren't given a good answer to that question.

10. xxJackxx

I found a PC at work that meets all of the requirements but the CPI. It's a 6th gen. I installed anyway and it runs better than it did with Windows 10. Agreed. I have yet to see an explanation on the CPU requirement.

11. guest

guest Guest

Windows 11 build 22483 for Dev channel users brings more bug fixes
    October 20, 2021
    https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-11-build-22483-for-dev-channel-users-brings-more-bug-fixes/
    Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22483

12. NormanF

We now have two branches of Windows 11: a stable LTS channel for most users and a rolling channel for power users.

The latter available for those who remain in the Windows Insiders Program.

13. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

14. NormanF

The new security technology baked in Windows 11 is being beta tested in anticipation of what's coming in Windows 12. Microsoft for now doesn't mind people by passing Windows 11 requirements. It recognizes and expects them to be on new PCs when Windows 12 finally does come out.

Even though my current PC lacks the processor Microsoft wants, it still gets to benefit from what Windows 11 offers.

15. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Maybe, but a Pentium 4 is utter useless in nowadays applications irrespective of the OS, actually even in its glory days it was a very bad piece of silicon.

16. NormanF

The new Pluton processor will run rings around that venerable Pentium 4. Bad news? Its not due out until sometime next year.

17. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Google "planned obsolescence". ;)

18. xxJackxx

Agreed, the Pentium 4 sucked, I never owned one. But a 3 or 4 year old i7? I see no good reason for excluding those.

19. guest

guest Guest

Hands on with Microsoft's Android app support in Windows 11
    October 20, 2021
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...microsofts-android-app-support-in-windows-11/

20. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...tem-requirements-and-the-pc-health-check-app/
    It's not. Even if your computer haven't got a supported CPU, you can install Windows 11 and get updates. Windows 11 should run fine on any system that Windows 10 runs well on and in some cases it will be faster. It's running very well on my 9-year-old ThinkPad, aside from a bug in File Explorer, which has already been fixed in more recent builds.

21. xxJackxx

The reliability excuse doesn't work for me. 52% of some undisclosed number of something. No details. Does your ThinkPad meet any of the requirements? I'm just wondering as I am considering experimenting with something that does not have any TPM, no UEFI, no GPT, no Safeboot, 2nd gen CPU. It does meet the RAM and disk space requirements.

22. plat

plat Registered Member

This is prob. going to be encouraging to those who have been turned away before. It seems more than a few are still clinging to initial impressions like 11 isn't stable and is still very "buggy." I'm finding this to be not the case--even the "known:" issues aren't particularly disturbing, just noticeable now and then, like a slowed File Explorer. Letting Reliability Monitor run now shows this after two weeks:
    relmon102121.png
    Doesn't mean anything other than that's the potential you can get with Windows 11 in this build. There was a "fatal error" a while back stating Windows Operating System stopped working but this message was removed via telemetry--prob. a false positive and I never observed any "failure" like that.

The only complaint I have is regarding various features and apps I don't use and can't remove cleanly. Bloat, in other words.

23. XIII

XIII Registered Member

The uncertainty about getting those updates is why I still haven't tried this on a 10 year old PC (Microsoft communication vs reality so far).

24. xxJackxx

Same here. My 10 year old Desktop is more than capable of running it but if I get stuck without updates it would be painful to go back to 10 and reinstall everything. If it happened in the short term I could restore a backup. If it happened a year out it would not be practical to do so.

25. NormanF

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.