Windows 10 ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Decapad, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

Hello - when I first started with Windows 8 it was so horrible I was about to go Mac. This forum saved the pc by suggesting "Classic Shell" which made the pc usable. That pc is getting shot now & I need to get a new pc with windows 10. Is Windows 10 ok out of the box or do I need to download something like "Shell" top make it work like I am used to. Thanks very much for your time! D

2. bidd

bidd Registered Member

Personal preferences I guess but I find the standard start menu works fine for me in Win10.

3. Umbra

Umbra Registered Member

the actual Win10 menu is quite customizable and you can get almost same result as Classic Shell.

4. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

But you have to accept forced daily or weekly updates..

5. bidd

bidd Registered Member

How is that related to the OP's question:isay:

6. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I favour Classic Shell because of far better management of lastly used files and complete customization but as said, it is up to personal taste.

7. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

Just sayin' if the OP goes with win 10 - they're gonna hafta be prepared for a lot more hassle than what comes with a simple classic-shell type addon.

Most threads start morphing sooner and sooner these days, not like back in Berkeley and PDP days when topics would tend to stay on-topic more.