Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (90 Day Free Trial)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NormanF, Aug 9, 2016.

1. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

The period for upgrading to consumer versions of Windows 10 is now closed.

Now Microsoft is offering a free trial - 90 day evaluation of its business version for long term support -

Windows Enterprise LTSB. It can be downloaded here, follow the links to Microsoft servers:

http://www.askvg.com/download-windows-10-enterprise-free-90-day-trial-version/

Its pure desktop Windows - no useless modern apps bundled in.

This version of Windows 10 offers only critical security and bug fixes. Too bad its not available in the consumer editions.

FWIW, yes, you can test it in VB before you decide to buy it.

2. Nanobot

Nanobot Registered Member

Incidentally Windows Enterprise 2016 LTSB Ver.1607 was leaked today with Extended support end date 10/13/2026 (Official release date is 1st October)

3. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

Any promotion on Windows 10 produktów users?

4. NormanF

Longer term support than consumer versions of Windows 10.

It offers complete control and granularity to business owners and power users.

This is classic Windows.

5. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

I thought that it wii better version :)

6. NormanF

Yup.

The consumer branch is akin to a rolling release - you never know if new updates are finished or have bugs.

LTSB is truly tested because a business can't afford downtime and updates are few and between. Just like in classic Windows before 10.

7. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

Not to mention you get applocker, full control on network settings (like nagle algorithm tuning) and all group policies control.

8. NormanF

Yup. All of those things make it worth upgrading.

In contrast, consumer versions offer nothing new in the way of compelling features and they're a regression from Windows 7.

9. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

So this is only a trial. A W10Home can trial it, but not actually upgrade - well - I suppose not without forking over about $1000 ?

I'm asking because finding reliable infos about it online is a futile enterprise...

10. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

I agree...

11. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

on its way. running ltsb 10240 now beside pro 1511. ltsb performs faster than pro, ofc only few basic apps which are disabled by purpose.

i will see how ltsb 1607 will perform because i wont update my pro to 1607 until the new bugs are eliminated.

12. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

Buddy of mine used to run win7 enterprise rotating it every 90-180 days, you could actually push it half a year using a rearm command.

Going to test this on my laptop and see if I like it enough, as it is annoying having no applocker and not able to tune the network settings.

13. NormanF

It doesn't have forced updates as consumer editions of Windows 10 do.

The emphasis is on rock-solid stability and optimal performance. Microsoft will only push out critical bug and security fixes.

This is the LTS of Microsoft. If you prefer the bleeding edge and must have the latest version available, stick with Windows Home or Pro.

14. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

This is exactly how it should be in my opinion. Not everyone of us wants bleeding edge risky code, that breaks apps everytime a new build is out.

If I ever do migrate to win10, it will be this LTS version probably.

The issue one can have tho is some software will refuse to install/run on non consumer version of windows, because the vendors dont want business's buying cheaper residential versions so they block it. I know for sure this happens on windows server, not so sure about enterprise desktop tho.

15. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

Well, M$ has an option once for us that need a single license = W7 Ultimate and before that VIsta Ultimate.

But they charged $400 or $500 for it back then.

Satya said "No more. You're gonna take our broken forced updates -- and like it."

16. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

yep, I would have to reinstall the 90 day edition every 90 days, not sure if I will tolerate it. If it has the rearm trick, then twice a year is a bit more viable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.