Windows 10 Activation Key

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TerryWood, Jul 7, 2019.

1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi @ Wilders

I have recently acquired a new PC Win 10 64 bit, but not yet activated.

My previous PC was an HP Pavilion 64bit with Windows 7 preinstalled on it when I bought it.

I then went on to upgrade it under the Microsoft offer to Windows 10 Home. The PC is functional and activated.

My questions are:

1) Can I use either the Win 7 or Win 10 Product key of my previous PC to activate my new PC?

2) If I try it will it deactivate my old PC and if so will I be able to reactivate my old PC (It is a backup)

Thank you

Terry

2. imdb

imdb Registered Member

@TerryWood

hi, terry. no, you can't use your old pc's oem license to activate 10 on your new pc. because, oem licenses (for 7) and 10 licenses are tied to hw they're installed on. you can always reactivate your old pc.

3. Beyonder

Beyonder Registered Member

I bought a key on eBay for pocket change. Can strongly recommend it.

4. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi @ Wilders

Thanks for your replies.

Terry

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

The cheap OEM keys sold on eBay and other sites, are not legal. They are usually volume license keys, that are not intended to be sold individually. Aside from the fact that the product keys are being sold illegally, sometimes Microsoft will blacklist these keys. When this happens, Windows will be be deactivated and you will need to buy another product key.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.