Window Washer Not Working?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by invaderzim, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invaderzim

invaderzim Registered Member

I purchased a new PC and reinstalled Window Washer from the CD. On my old PC, when washing, it would take several minutes and would list items cleaned as it went along. With the new PC, it just takes one second to say system was cleaned, and doesn't list anything. I don't think it is really cleaning anything? The setup seems correct, but it acts like it is cleaning a version of Windows I don't have since it is so quick and doesn't list any files cleaned - like there is nothing there to be cleaned, which can't be the case? :blink:

2. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

Have you tried updating your software? where it say Version information, click check now..

I don't know how old your CD is but it may be outdated, especially if you've upgraded to windows 7

But you say

are you using xp, vista, or 7? I used to use window washer on xp, and I had this issue before, but it was caused by a virus.

Now I use ccleaner for simple cleaning, and East-Tec Eraser 2010 for advanced cleaning,. Window Washer was to limited for me.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  3. invaderzim

Thank you, Warlockz. I just found out my subscription to WW runs out in a week anyway so i am just going to let it expire and go with another software. I will check out the ones you mention using. I know there are a million choices so are there any that you really think are junk? Any that i, in your opinion, should disregard off the bat?

4. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

yea Ive tried just about every privacy software out there and nothing compares to East-Tec Eraser. its kinda pricy at $50, but is their really a price tag when it comes down to securing your privacy? I guess it all depends on what fits your needs best.

You can look look here Best Free Secure Erase Utility, or im sure others will probably start to reply with their recommendations also.

5. invaderzim

Okay, what I've heard about East-Tec is that it's a copy of CyberScrub except it doesn't eliminate shadow copies? (don't even know what shadow copies are or if i need that feature? o_O )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.