Window File Protection Error Message

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by michael_in_atlanta, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael_in_atlanta

michael_in_atlanta Registered Member

Today a window started to appear on my screen stating "Windows File Protection. Files that are required by Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions" and asking me to insert my original XP Pro CD.

I checked the system files. The only unrecognized files this year are tifsfilt.sys and timntr.sys, both dated April 14th, and both apparently related to Acronis. I believe on that date I downloaded the latest build #826.

When I cancel the error message, the computer seems to be running OK, but the error message still concerns me. System Restore does not have a restore point from that date, even though it is set on "automatic".

I do not have an original CD since XP Pro came loaded on my computer from Dell. I have Svc Pack 2 installed.

2. michael_in_atlanta

Addedum:

The builds on the files noted above are 1.1.0216 and 1.1.0215 respectively.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello michael_in_atlanta,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please send a screenshot of the error you get to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? Also please let us know whether any application (including Windows itself) works wrong and what happened before the message began to show (probable, some software or hardware changes). This info will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. michael_in_atlanta

It's on the way.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello michael_in_atlanta,

Thank you for taking time to contact Acronis Support Team. If you do not get any response within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.