windll32.exe pwsteal.trojan

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by stevesherwood, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello there, i hope someone can help me. Iv'e got a virus called 'windll32.exe pwsteal.trojan'. Nortons has picked it up but cannot get rid of it. I know very little about computers so i would like some information on how to get rid of it and should i still use my computer with this virus in it? Is there a free removal tool or some way of getting rid of it that is not too complicated? I would be very grateful for any advice.

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

It would also be a good idea to run an anti-trojan. You can download the free 30-day evaluation version of TDS-3

Since this is an evaluation version, you need to bring it's database updated manually. Following the instructions here for Updating.

Under the "Manual Update" right click on the radius.td3 file and choose "Save target as". Then in the "Save in" box browse to the C:\Program Files\TDS3 folder (provided that is the location of your TDS-3 directory) and save it there. A prompt will appear telling you that there is already a radius.td3 file there "do you want to overwrite it" click Yes.

Run the "full System scan", preferably in safe mode.

Note: Temporarily disable your Antivirus program.
    Launch TDS-3 and click on "System Testing" then "Full System Scan" and the scan will begin.

snap

4. Thank you for your reply. It is very appreiciated. I will let you know what happens.

5. Ive read the description of the virus. That will explain why the 'Nortons Antivirus' keeps turning off when i connect to the internet!

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

That's the description of the trojan, did you in the meantime install TDS and did it find it and did you clean it out by now?
    Do you have any ideas where it is / was located?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.