Winantivirus 2005

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by magoood, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magoood

magoood Registered Member

Hi
    I have discovered this prog. by chance when i was searching 4 a trusted antivirus package to rely on and i downloaded the trial version and it's really good so far regarding detection, scan speed and the interface as well but the strange thing is that there is almost no reviews on the net for this product nor met someone or any article that speaks about it so i am bit anxious about this. Is it coz it's a new software package o_O i don't know...
    What do u think guys about this product o_O
    My own impression up till now is quite positive but still don't have enough technical info yet... (e.g. what engine brand does it use?...etc)
    Link: www.winantivirus.com

2. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

What does the interface look like, take a screen and link it or you can email it to me and I can host it for you. I am curios about this little piece of software. ;)

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

WinAntivirus is Hauri (ViRobot) It is imo just a mediocre av product. It may be better in the future but for now ? check here

4. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Thanks for that info I just got done downloading the trial and it tried to make me uninstall my McAfee 8 Firewall, Lame. Thanks again.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you might want to look here

6. uncertainty

uncertainty Guest

Here u r a scrrenshot: http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/WinAntiVirus-Screenshot-18113.html
    As u can see, the interface is really kewl (at least in my eyes) and it's similar to Norton's interface but i had 2 ditch norton from my PC coz it stops unexpectedly in the middle of scanning my F: partition and i am unable 2 know why ?
    Checked the err code on their site but it didn't help me at all
    I hope i can settle down with WinAntiVirus but i am still waiting 2 know about it thoroughly especially it's ability 2 catch trojans...

7. magoood

Here u r a screenshot: http://www.softpedia.com/progScreen...shot-18113.html
    As u can see, the interface is really kewl (at least in my eyes) and it's similar to Norton's interface but i had 2 ditch norton from my PC coz it stops unexpectedly in the middle of scanning my F: partition and i am unable 2 know why ?
    Checked the err code on their site but it didn't help me at all
    I hope i can settle down with WinAntiVirus but i am still waiting 2 know about it thoroughly especially it's ability 2 catch trojans...

PS sorry 4 posting b4 this one as a guest. May be some admin would delete it :oops:

8. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Hi Magoood,

Your link is not working. Getting a 404-page not found message.

Any chance of you posting a screenshot within a post here?

9. magoood

10. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

Interesting link Bigc.

11. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

According to the website, it says it has a noticable number of features which you can not find on Norton or McAfee.

Jimbob

Attached Files:

12. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi,

Bit unfair of Winantivirus saying no 24hr e mail support for mcafee. If you go though mcafee knowledge base http://us.mcafee.com/root/support.asp and you canot find the answer you can click on live chat 24hrs 7 days a week from Mcafee! or e mail them.

Cheers

Jlo

13. Jimbob1989

Well, the company wants to make its competition appear as badly as possible.

Jimbob

14. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Well I agree but I am sure Mcafee would have something to say about there statement.

Cheers

Jlo

15. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

16. Jimbob1989

I wonder if it has been purposefully made to look like Norton.

Jimbob

17. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

18. Jimbob1989

I think those who have installed this program have a slight problem. Looks like everyone who did should uninstall the software and then run all the anti-spyware tools you can get your hands on.

Jimbob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.