Win7 EOS Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rainwalker, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Lately I have been getting EOS notifications when I boot-up and try to switch to Basic User Account. Shows up as a BSOD with a no notice as such. I check running Processes and there it is. I reboot and and all is well. Very annoying. How do I correct this? With Win7 my extended service should go until 1/13/2020.

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Never heard of such notification. Could you please share a picture?

3. lofac

lofac Registered Member

Can you show or at least tell what does that message say exactly?

Download BlueScreenView from here: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview.zip Run it and select latest report and from there you can see what caused the last BSOD, or you can post the report here so that we could look into it.

4. Rainwalker

@Minimalist....No pic to share and no notice per se. I simply looked at what processes were running and there I noticed it. I tried a reg tweak I thought might work but nothing.
    @lofac....Hmmm interesting. Will try this later if problem continues. I only just uninstalled 4 or 5 Win updates that through yesterday and still testing. I will keep you all posted.

5. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

OK, I didn't understand your first post. Could you share exact name of a process? I would also upload executable to Virustotal and check if it is not malicios.

6. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

Windows 7 regular support ended 9th of jan. extended up to 2020
    but i did not get it yet, maybe later when switching windows.

7. Rainwalker

@Minimalist....I was able to bring up Task Manager. Saw 5 or 6 running processes. I don't recall what the process showing EOS was called. After playing around for awhile the problem sure seems to have been caused by OSArmor. Needles to say this was rather surprising. I checked and rechecked and whenever it was loaded my machine broke. At one point I thought I would go back to an earlier version I had(V.25). When trying to open and install I received an error message and it would not open. However, just by doing that much resulted in computer locking up again when trying to switch accounts and once again I saw the EOS entry in Task Manager. Problem has got to be something going on with this computer as I have not read of anything like this happening elsewhere.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.