Win32/trojanDownloader.Zlob trojan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Deja, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deja

Deja Registered Member

(Blackspear settings) !!!

During a surf NOD32 reported (in a small window near the systray) "Possible variant of Win32/trojanDownloader.Zlob trojan detected, please send to Eset".
    I sent it right away. Must have been the IMON shield correct?

Anyway, when I look in Quarantine there is nothing there?
    When I look at the Threat Log it shows up!

Please advise if this is normal for NOD32, and also specify if I need to do anything extra?

Where DID the trojan go?

Regards,
    Deja

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ! If your settins follow BS's tutorial , then NOD32's IMON is on higher efficency with your browser (better integration) . This window near the system tray is the download window which NOD32 indicated.

Since BS's settings are set to automatically terminate the connection , this trojan has never touched your PC so the connection was automatically terminated and you are safe ! I think this has automatically been sent to ESET labs .

What else you have to do ? Nothing special .
    Make sure your NOD32 is updated. The latest signature version is 1.1718
    Open NOD32 Control Center -> NOD32 -> Run NOD32 -> mark your hard drives and push Scan&Clean

I would also recommend you scan with Ad-Aware se Personal

Regards! :thumb:

3. Deja

Deja Registered Member

OK.
    This is why there is nothing showing up in the quaratine (the trojan never touched the machine)?

The little window (just a white one like the one that comes up notifying of a virus database update) did allow me to tick a box in order to automatically send future viruses to Eset.
    However I didn't choose this option as I like to see whats going on.

I am using SAS PRO with real-time protection + spywareblaster + IE SPYAD + IE Privacy Keeper + NAT router with firewall + ZA free for outbound application protection.

All good?

Regards,
    Deja

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , that's right

No problem . I never use my NOD32 on Higher efficency because my IE6 goes mad but this popup must have been from NOD32 :)

Yes , seems ok.

Perform full scan with NOD32 just to be absolutely sure and be more careful internet surfer :D :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.