win32/trojandownloader.small.nsl trojan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by IronLung, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IronLung

IronLung Registered Member

I would like to know what this virus/trojan does to someones PC?
    NOD32 finds this files on my PC but i cant seem to get ride of it :mad:
    I did a search on google and found a thread on this MSG board.
    I did all my Settings like it said to set it up on the main board that was sticky but still cant seem to get rid of it.
    I would love to do away with this virus/trojan, but i would also like to know what it does to a pc beside screw it up.
    Can someone log on to my pc with it?
    Everytime i reboot my pc i get a popup letting me know that it has infected my pc.

Thanks

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello and Welcome to Wilders!

This trojan is trojan downloader . This trojan itself is not harmful for your computer . It is made to download another malicious code , another one which is the real malicious one .

Please , do the following to get rid of it:

1.Make sure your definition is up-to-date by pressing Control Center -> Update -> Update now.

2.Make sure your settings are the same as this tutorial.

3. Boot in Safe Mode and then perform full scan there -> Start - Programs - ESET - NOD32 -and perforum full Scan&Clean over your hard drives . NOD32 will take care of these threats :)

After the trojan is removed , restart your computer . Please , let us know if the trojan is still there . If it is , tell us where exactly NOD32 finds the trojan (the name and the path , e.g. C:\Windows\system32\ihbetest3.exe)
    :thumb:

3. IronLung

IronLung Registered Member

The trojan is gone:D Thanks a Million HiTech Boy

*Does the happy dance*

After i set up my setting like it was on the link it did a deeper scan, meaning at fist on my default setting it only scanned th folders,but after i changed my settings it scanned the folders i had and all the files in the one by one.

Thanks again for your help. :thumb:

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.