win32.kryptik.FK trojan? plz help.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by aztech, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aztech

aztech Registered Member

hey got a few computers that are infected with win32/kryptik virus...2 computers have kryptik.FK and one of them has DG, EJ, CY but doesn't seem to be showing any significant problems.

one of the computers with kryptik.FK is continuously rebooting and very slow, migrated all of the data off and no viruses are detected.

NOD32 seems to be able to find the virus but can't clean it...so the other computer I have with FK was restaged about 4 months ago.. I'd hate to redo it again... any ideas if there is a cleaner for kryptik.FK trojan?

when I delete the files associated with the virus and reboot it just generates new files with the virus of course.. on the one laptop that was slow I was getting bios errors so I have that one turned off until I can figure out what is going on...

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

The Kryptik series of detections is heuristic. The file will need to be submitted so a cleanup instruction can be written.

Could you please download ESET SysInspector (ESI) and create a log. Then submit it to support("at")eset[dot]com with this threads URL in the subject. Please include as much information as possible.

Also follow these steps with a few of the files you know are the threat: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This is not true unless it's a file infected with a virus and not just a piece of malware itself.

A log from ESI might shed more light.

4. aztech

aztech Registered Member

Thanks for the responses, I'll go scan the computers and generate the logs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.