Win32 and winhost.exe

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by marcoa, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcoa

marcoa Registered Member

helllo i am new to the board i was just wondering what these 2 things are. They always show up on my zone alarm. I would see generic host for win32 services or winhost.exe always trying to access my comp. If these are viruses or troken can someone plz show me how to get rid of them.
    ALso my computer has been runnuing quite slow lately
    thank u

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi marcoa, and welcome to Wilders.

The winhost.exe file can be added by several different viruses or trojans, but without further information, it is difficult to say which one it could be.

You could follow the steps in the General Cleaning Instructions thread, then if you are still having problems, follow up with posting a HijackThis log at one of the sites that do log analysis (you'll find the links to several of those sites further down in the General Cleaning thread.)

Please let us know how you make out with the cleaning instructions, and if you have any questions about them, please ask. :)

Regards,

snap

A few references for winhost.exe:
    Bleeping Computer's Startup List - winhost.exe
    McAfee - W32/Bropia.worm.g
    Symantec - Backdoor.Prysat

3. John, uk

John, uk Guest

Hi,

Two really good sites to get information on what processors are running on your computer are as follows:

www.iamnotageek.com
    www.liutilities.com

Hope they can help you out!

john or even use the Zonelabs builtin help service

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.